Merly vs Lloydstsb

Merly
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6551 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hopefully should get mine soon then:)

Sent mine off on 22nd March. They do seem to be taking much longer recently don't they?

Is this because they are innundated or because they are trying to stall each step of the process as much as possible to allow their lawyers/lobbyists as much time as possible to wriggle out of their situation?

Mods

Can we put together a list of what the abbreviations on Lloyds notes stand for?

When one person deciphers what is meant they could add to it.

Guessing that mgmt is management and stdlet is standard letter but if we get together we could probably work them out. Save everyone a lot of time.

Great idea HD would be very handy indeed.

Data Protection Act Request sent 22nd April 2006 (recorded delivery) to Penny Berryman 40 days up on 1st June 2006.

Statements recieved 5th May 2006

Claiming back = £3913.65

Preliminary Letter Sent 5th May (recorded delivery) to Customer Care, Birmingham. Told me to sod off on the 9th May

Letter Before Action Sent 9th May (recorded delivery) to Customer Care, Birmingham. Told me to sod off on the 12th May

Moneyclaim filed issued 6th June (14 days to reply) Time up on 20th June.

Acknowledged 15th June (28 days to defence)

Time up on 13th July.

Defence Recieved 7th July

Going Before the Judge 15th September

Court Date 5th December

Already thoughtof that and have emailed Lloyds to ask about the ones I had on my DPA list.

I will include any others people may have. Look out for a new thread/sticky at the beginning of LloydsTsb section very soon!

R+To answer another of Merly questions....

You can claim Overdraft Excess Fee. Did yo have an overdraft when the Usage Fee was charged?

LOULA

Yes I did have an overdraft, I'm just concerned it seems to be the exact amount that the "overdraft excess fee" is and it doesn't show up at all since the overdraft excess fee seemed to appear ?

Also it's interesting to see that the bounced DD fee has gone from £27.50 in 2001 to £35 in 5 years, for what I wonder.....

Another quick question.

I've worked out my charges and stuff.

Now I'm preparing my preliminary approach for repayment letter.

The question I have is looking through the steps are the timescales set in stone as it were.

What I'm thinking is if I send the first letter, then the next that would mean I think a max of 28 days before it's time to file a claim (assuming things go "as usual") problem is thinking 28 days in advance I won't be able to pay for the court charges (the way my account goes it's usually empty by the second week of the month).

So should I wait untill the dates all fall in line so I'll be able to do the court costs too or does it not matter about when I file the claim just the fact that I've given them enough "warning" it's coming

Guest Lueeze

Its ok you can delay the claim bit...just try not to wait too long or the bank will think you dont know what your doing.

Write and wait 14 days (or a few extra) then write again and wait 14 (or a few extra) then claim when you have the money to do so!

As long as you wait 14 days or more its fine

Good Luck!

If you have not sent the LBA yet why not change the number of days that you give them to respond so that it ties in with when you can afford the court fees. When you file at the expiry of the deadline it shows you are organised and you can say in court you have given them x days to settle this amicably.

• 2 weeks later...

Forum clean up - your claim threads have been merged. Please try to keep all posts about your claim to a single thread only. Thanks :)

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• 1 month later...

Well, well, well, it's been a whille there was a reason for this though that was my doing but there's been an advancement.

My credit card with lloyds has been about £100 over the limit (due to charges) for some time now and I kept getting phone call after phone call "when will you be making a payment" anyhoo one day I said to them I'd like all of my statements with regards to my CC and I've already sent a DPA request in, anyway they put me through to customer services, they said they'd send out the paperwork to fill in and send back.

Till yesterday I heard nothing, then I get a big brown envelope through my door, all my statements dating back to July 2002 (Only 17 months missing) !!! so anyway I phone them up, saying "where are the other 17 months please" and they're going to chase that up today :)

All in all I'm going to wait for that to arrive then continue with the claim, only this time for both my current account & my credit card :)

Sorry quick question here re the preliminary approach letter.

It says in it:

I calculate that you have taken £XXXXX plus £XXX which you have charged me in overdraft interest for the sum which you have taken. Total £XXXXX .

So far all I've added up are overdraft excess fees & Unpaid DD charges, should I have added the overdraft interest as well ? or is the "plus" part for the 8% that we can claim if\when I take it to court ?

Hi, at this stage, when you are asking (nicely) for your money back with the preliminary letters you are asking for your DD/SO and overdraft interest only. The 8% is when (not if, unless Lloyds are uncharacteristically generous) it gets to you making a court claim!

So leave out the 8% for now (but you can start to fill out the spreadsheet from the templates library which will help you to calculate your interest for future reference).:)

As red says, the 8% is for the Court claim onwards only - the interest the preliminary approach refers to is the Overdraft Interest on the penalty charges. To be honest, most people don't bother with the overdraft interest as it is a right royal pain in the proverbial to calculate with little reward.

reload vs Lloyds - £2703.11 Settlement Reached 14/07/06.

reload vs Lloyds Round 2 - Prelim sent 27/03/07. £435 owed.

reload vs Capital One - £456.57 Settlement Reached 14/07/06.

reload's mum vs Barclays - £745 owed. £375 partial settlement reached 17/10/06.

Lloyds Bank - The Template Response Letters!

Advice & opinions of reload are offered informally, without prejudice and without liability. Please use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/06/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6551 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks