Merly vs Lloydstsb

Merly
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6551 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've just read the FAQ section (even the last question) but I'd like some clarification if possible, sorry about asking but I just want to make %110 sure before I start anything *chuckles*

I've just gone through all the online statements I could and worked out £930 (with interest) worth of bounced Direct Debit charges

Can someone confirm please I have grounds to also claim for the "Overdraft Excess" charges because if I can thats going to bump this claim up ohhh I'd say quite a bit :)

Once I've got the reply to this I'll be sorting out my credit card one (which should be even more interesting)

So if all this pans out I'll probably send my DPA in next week as whats online on my statements doesn't complete the length of time my account has been open.

Thanks for giving me some kind of hope regardless.

Merly

I've just read the FAQ section (even the last question) but I'd like some clarification if possible, sorry about asking but I just want to make %110 sure before I start anything *chuckles*

I've just gone through all the online statements I could and worked out £930 (with interest) worth of bounced Direct Debit charges

Can someone confirm please I have grounds to also claim for the "Overdraft Excess" charges because if I can thats going to bump this claim up ohhh I'd say quite a bit :)

Once I've got the reply to this I'll be sorting out my credit card one (which should be even more interesting)

So if all this pans out I'll probably send my DPA in next week as whats online on my statements doesn't complete the length of time my account has been open.

Thanks for giving me some kind of hope regardless.

Merly

yes you do have grounds to claim for 'overdraft excess' charges too!

Well I'll be.....Nat West accepted my application for a Step account (was NOT expecting that) so I now have a parachute account if I need to jump.

I'm concerned though, I sent my DPA request with a £10 cheque on the 20th NOT by recorded delivery.

As yet I've heard nothing which doesn't seem to be the "norm" going by whats happening in other threads.

Now I'm thinking one of two things

a) They've "lost" the letter, as I've got no way of tracking it (they haven't cashed the cheque either) they can keep it as long as they like or ignore it completley.

b) Because I sent it to their central branch in London not my local one I've done wrong (even though Penny Berryman is in London)

Now I'm thinking, Do I send an email to Penny asking if they have recieved the letter, do I send them an email saying "following up my letter dated 20th March, Do I send them another letter with another cheque this time sending it by recorded delivery OR do I just sit tight and see what happens?

Right, sent an email to the "Contact Us" email address with the following

Dear Sir\Madam

I recently sent a letter to you dated 20th March 2006 (please see attached) with a data protection act disclosure request for all bank charges pertaining to my LloydsTSB Gold Service account dated back to February 2001

Unfortunately I've just realised that the account number I put on there was incorrect.

Please find attached the original letter and an updated one with the correct account details

Regards

Great start huh....*sighs*

Did you send the £10?

If not, then don't waste time

Send another correct DPA beginning now with the money. You can claim it back

Hey BF

Yeah I sent a cheque with the first letter hence the reference to it in the email

Well I've got a reply:

Thank you for the e-mail.

I acknowledge your request dated 20th March for copies of statements/charge transactions on your account since February 2001. I have undertaken a search of our database here and cannot trace any previous request being received. Therefore, your e-mail and letter dated 29th March have been passed on to the Manager of the Service Recovery Unit and I have asked that he notes your requests and arranges for a response to be sent to you at the earliest opportunity.

Regards

Keith Boden

Lloyds TSB - Service Recovery

Birmingham

Which if I'm reading this right is saying "we don't have your original letter nor your cheque so I'm sending this to somewhere else for us to send you a form to get it signed and waste more time, I think I'll send another one tomorrow with a cheque in.

They may lose it again. Send it special delivery - calim the cost back later for their incompetence. In your letter you can say that they have lost it and youwill be adding the cost of the special delivery to your claim.

Well well, I checked with royal mail to see if my letter had been delivered, it had.

So I thought I'd send Keith a mail to see if he would acknowledge it this time.

Only to find that he's already sent me this:

Just a quick note to say that your letter was received here this morning. I have included this with your file.

Regards

Keith Boden - Lloyds TSB

So I've sent him one back saying thanks for letting me know.

I await the statements.....

Interesting thing this week.

Tuesday I recieved a letter stating that they were unable to pay the items that were due to come out of my account (not sure what they were on about here mind you) and a paragraph on the back stating their charges, then Wednesday I get another one, both from the same lady Angela Raper

Now as far as I'm aware I've not had anything like this before, it's rather odd since my DPA request has gone in they seem to be interested in telling me about charges all of a sudden.

Still waiting on my statements

I got the same letter yesterday.

aparently i missed a DD as charges sent me over my overdraft again!

cant remember the letters have a "ps our charges are....."

Printed off all statements off the net 5/4/06

total ILLEGAL charges:

£968.95

Letter posted to Lloyds 6/4

LET THE FUN BEGIN!

Oh yeah - the buggers.

there getting sneakier !!!

Printed off all statements off the net 5/4/06

total ILLEGAL charges:

£968.95

Letter posted to Lloyds 6/4

LET THE FUN BEGIN!

Hi Merly,

Have'nt got a statement at hand right now but on the back of the statements it says something about charges upto a maximum of £90 a month. They have been charging me £140 p/m.

The swines did that to me too, it says up to £90 on the website.I was charged £160

do the cretins know what they are doing?

Hi folks

Just out of interest how long did it take for those of you who've done it to get your statements from the time you posted your letter ?

Just curious what sort of timescale I'm looking at, I've sent the letter already I'm just wondering what kind of time everyone else has been waiting ?

Quick update

Not only am I going to get charged £70 due to Paypal taking three days to take a £15 (a 5 and 10 pounds I spent on the national) debit from my account next month as I logged in today and saw the bounced DD's *sighs*

But I got this email from Keith Bowden:

I have been advised by our Statement Production Unit that they have also

received your letter and cheque. Therefore, I shall be returning the letter and cheque you sent to me.

Regards

Keith Boden - Lloyds TSB

So it looks like I'm back on with my original date of the DPA request :)

MODERATED post moved to your new thread

Hi,

Took Lloyds about 10 days and then missed 1 year out but spoke on a "Thursday" and sent/received the missing year on the "Saturday".

Also doing Halifax at moment - about the same time.

Doesnt take too long.

Halifax - Since 2003 £1,186 DPA Request: 24.03.06

PRL - sent Recorded 05.04.06

Letter received 07.04.06 - Thanks but No thanks

LBA - 20.04.06 Refused Money Claim filed 08.05.06

Served 14.05 Acknowledged 16.05.06 - 28 days to go

:D WON - PAID IN FULL 25.05.06

Lloyds [/i]- Since 2000 £780.31 - DPA Request: 23.03.06

PRL - sent recorded 10.04.2006

Letter Rec'd 13.04 - Not interested

LBA - 13.04.06 Money Claim filed 25.04.06

Served 01.05.06 & Acknowledged 03.05.06. - 28 days to go

Defence received 25.05 - Here we go

I sent my DPA request on 22/3/06 sent a reminder via email on 8/4/06 got a reply saying it is awaiting attention basically. Still waiting so I think they are getting a bit busy with all the requests

Allocation questionaire returned to the court-18/7/06

Allocation Questionaire rec'd dated- 6/7/06

Acknowledgment of Service rec'd full defence- 15/6/06

Reply from solicitors want more info.-14/6/06

Money claim filed £1653 - 7/6/06

Reply rec'd to LBA-27/5/06

LBA sent - 19/5/06

Reply from LLoyds TSB a big fat NO - 12/5/06

1st request for payment sent - 09/05/06

Statements Rec'd - 21/4/06

Data Protection Act request sent to Lloyds - 22/3/06

• 2 weeks later...

Well well well, they've arrived

Well I say they've arrived I have 29 pages of statements dated from when the accont was opened toSeptember 2001, then it changes to a view of my statement entries charges just stating my charges over the time from Sept 2001 to date....

Then I have a list of "Customer Notes" with lots of "MO STDLET" automatically generated

Some with Names attached to them

Then (and this is the interesting part) I have an entry dated 10th Dec with EXMGMT CUCO not sure what that means, but the note under it reads "No more charges to be refunded for customer as from 10/12/2002 Donna Davies" who was my account manager at the time.

I recall what happened around this time but the note for that happens 6 days later when it notes about me making contact again with the EXMGMT CUCO code.

Everything else to date has no names attached to them.

The question I have at the moment is I have on my statement charges view I have an "Overdraft Usage Fee" thats basically £25 a month from Nov 2001 to March 2002 which seems to change into the Overdraft Excess Fee from April 2002 (read the Overdraft usage fee doesn't come up any more after that), is this one I can claim for do we think ?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6551 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks