VT Renault Financial Services - help please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4863 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Avoid the 'free' offers. There are reports of it being very difficult to unhook yourself from - AND the fact that for most, the data only changes quarterly - so sending £2pq is considerably cheaper that being stuck with anther Direcr Debit.

Additionally, all information you give as part of the 'free trial' is ALSO added to your file, so they'll know your credit card/bank account and any other details you don;t wish disclosed to third parties.

Send them a £2 PO and nothing else.

• 6 months later...

I'm hoping someone can help me.

I had a car on HP which I bought in 2006. In 2008 I got a new job and with that came a company car. As a result I no longer needed my car and so used the VT right to return the car. The car was returned and surprise, surprise, the company manged to find 'damage' to the car which was almost worth the value of the amount I had remaining on the HP loan. I kid you not - it was almost to the penny!

Anyway, I tried to contest this amount owed. I spoke to someone repeatedly on the phone, I emailed lots.

Eventually I wrote to them asking if they could tell me officially how I can appeal.

They responded with a long winded letter but ignoring the question.

So I wrote back, thanking them for the letter and pointing out to them that they had still not answered my question.

They failed to respond so two months later I wrote to them again

and then wrote to them whenever I received any correspondence

(reminding me that I owed money) again reminding them that I wanted to appeal but no one had responded.

All of these were sent recorded delivery.

Since then I have moved house and have failed to tell the company that I had moved.

I was going to as I didn't want to be seen as the one in the wrong and had planned to write to them shortly.

I just haven't got round to it yet.

last week I checked my credit report and this debt was marked as 'settled'.

There is no default or anything on there.

The exact information present is:

Current balance - £0

Date satisfied - £29/05/2009

Date last updated - 08/10/2009

Then on the grid underneath it is marked as settled in April (so different from what they have said above).

Is this truly settled or are they able to come after me at a later date and mark it with a default?

I am wondering if I need to bother telling them I have moved?

I have never received any correspondence informing me that it is settled.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Hi,

I wouldn't be surprised if they have 'written' the debt off for accounting purposes only. The debt (if any) still exists and more likely than not, it will be sold to a DCA who will update your credit report with their details.

It's a case of wait and see what happens

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Id keep a copy of your credit report if anyone starts to chase. Regarding your question about the credit score it could mean the following;

1. They have sold the debt and updated there records

2. They have wrote it off

In some complaint cases they do write debt off and dont bother to tell you (or they might have wrote to your lat address) as I have experianced the same. Ì dont think you should wait and watch, It may end up getting you a default. I would write to them, If they have written it off they will tell you.

˙os op oʇ pǝʞsɐ ssǝlun ǝƃɐssǝɯ ǝʇɐʌıɹd ʎq ǝɯ ʇɔɐʇuoɔ ʇou op ǝsɐǝlԀ ˙pǝɹnɔɔo sǝssol ʎuɐ ɹo ǝɹnlıɐɟ ɟo ʇlnsǝɹ ɐ sɐ ǝlqɐıl plǝɥ ǝq ʇou llɐɥs I ˙llıʍpooƃ ɟo ǝɹnʇsǝƃ ɐ sɐ os ǝuop sı uǝʌıƃ ǝɔıʌpɐ ʎu∀

Hi

I agree with the above

I would let them know as soon as possible ( recorded delivery ) that you have moved address

and that you wish know the current status of your account ( in writing )

This way ...If they ( or whoever they sell it too ) send you a Default Notice they must give you time to remedy the default

regards

rs

• 4 weeks later...