GreatWonder v MBNA - £10 cheque cashed

GreatWonder
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6527 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sent DPA request 28th July, checked my bank account online today to notice MBNA have cashed my DPA £10 fee (paid by cheque). I didn't think MBNA were charging for the information (or at least not up to now).

Is there a chance some less intelligent member of staff has credited the £10 to my MBNA credit card account (despite it being clearly indicated the £10 was for the fee)?

Another thing is i did not include any identification that I understand they have the right to ask for. If they have accepted and cashed my payment towards the information requested I would assume they can't now respond requesting the ID.

I'm just getting restless due to the latest news filtering through about bank charge refund cases being frozen by courts, and would like things to keep moving at a quick pace.

GW - I issued proceedings last week on moneyclaim and they have not been frozen. There is a thread somewhere which tells you how to unfreeze them on reasonableness grounds, but I don't think (I could be wrong here) the moneyclaim ones are being affected by this anyway. Incidentally, MBNA have already offered to settle my claim in full. However, they were too slack in responding (they've had since March after all) and offered this after I started proceedings so they can pay my court fees as well as far as I am concerned. Should have behaved and done as they were told in the first place.