Robinson Way

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4788 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have recently received a letter from Robinson Way DCA for a debt owed to United Utilities for £400 from a previous address I lived at over 7 years ago.

I ignored the first request, as I thought there must be some mistake as the debt was so old. Not long after I got a letter to say that Court Papers were being prepared to recover the debt. I contacted them and asked them to provide me the date of the debt. After 2 weeks I never heard, so contacted them and they told me someone was still looking into it. Whilst on the phone, I asked if the debt was genuine what sort of monthly payment they would be looking at me paying. They suggested £50, I suggested £40 but told them I would not be making a single payment unless I got the date of the debt. To date, (5 weeks later) I have not had correspondence with the date of the debt but have had a reminder to say that I have defaulted on the payment arrangement. I have not signed anything and would like to know where I stand and what step to take next. Thanks.

Guest Zooman

Send them a letter (below). And unless they come back to the letter with proof ignore them from now in, if they get to be a pain send them a Cease and Desist (I have one for use but it must remain private as each one must be written for each case). If they take you to court you need to just defend it on grounds of the limitation act.

Guest Zooman

there you go

1 High Street,

Newtown,

Kent

R21 4RH

June 28, 2006

The Loan Company

Company House,

Church Street,

Newtown,

Kent,

R1 7HG

WITHOUT PREJUDICE

save as to costs

Dear Sir/Madam

Acc/Ref No 4563210025897412

You have contacted us regarding the account with the above reference number, which you claim is owed by ourselves.

We would point out that under the Limitation Act 1980 Section 5 “an action founded on simple contract shall not be brought after the expiration of six years from the date on which the cause of action accrued.”

We would also point out that the OFT say under their Debt Collection Guidance on statute barred debt that “it is unfair to pursue the debt if the debtor has heard nothing from the creditor during the relevant limitation period”.

The last payment of this debt was made over six years ago and no further acknowledgement or payment has been made since that time. Unless you can provide evidence of payment or written contact from us in the relevant period under Section 5 of the Limitation Act, we suggest that you are no longer able to take any court action against us to recover the alleged amount claimed.

The OFT Debt Collection Guidance states further that “continuing to press for payment after a debtor has stated that they will not be paying a debt because it is statue barred could amount to harassment contrary to section 40 (1) of the Administration of Justice Act 1970”.

We await your written confirmation that no further contact will be made concerning the above account and confirmation that this matter is now closed.

We look forward to your reply.

Yours faithfully

Mr A N Other

Ignore post - edited

Please note that I am not a legal expert and all advice given is without prejudice and is purely my opinion only.

** Nationwide - £1821.15-PAID IN FULL - Aug 06 **

** Halifax Mortgage -£390 - PAID IN FULL - Nov 06 **

Lloyds TSB - MCOL issued 09/03/07 - £2953 + costs - ON HOLD....

• 1 year later...

Hi, my apologies for the delay in replying, I have been "studying form" with the various entries. Recently had Robinson Way call reference a disputed paypal bill. Nothing changes....have never heard of htese people.

• 3 years later...

Hi I have been dealing with robinson way for the past few months. I have sent the usual letters asking for proof etc. they keep replying every few weeks saying they are still loooking into it . recently they said that they could not get any proof from the originator of the debt. and I received a letter today with a cheque for the£ 1.00 that I sent to cover the request for proof etc. what do i do with this cheque? and is this the end of their demands

regards

steve

You really need to start your own thread as this one is 4 years old!, and unless anyone is subscribed to it, you will not get an answer.

Go to the debt collection forum, scroll down to the bottom of the page and on the left hand side will be a blue button with the words "New post" in it click on that give it a title and away you go.

But in a nutshell, keep a copy of what they have sent you in a safe place, they are telling you that they cannot comply with your request, as such they have closed their Janet & John book, and will flog it on to another mug who will undoubtedly attempt to fleece you out of money you do not owe.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!