Starting a court claim for SAR non compliance

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5279 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Correct. You need to complete the form requesting Judgment by Default. You also need to enclose a letter, asking a Judge to issue an Order ordering their compliance with your request. If they continue to ignore the Court, they will find Bailiffs arriving at their place to recover the debt! (One step at a time, though)

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

don't forget to update all the extra costs that you have encurred.

A nice claim of around £500 should surfice.

JOgs

Costs can only be claimed once Judgment has been entered, but yes, along the right lines...

Thanks for the replies car and stella :)

Wasn't aware I could claim any more ? The original N1 was for around £180 I think, but I haven't had to do anything since the form went in. Would it be wise to claim anymore ?

cheers

Lee

You can claim wasted costs - £9.25 per hour for preparing/entering the claim, plus any disbursements you've incurred.

You can only do this once you have Judgment, however.

Thanks for the replies car and stella :)

Wasn't aware I could claim any more ? The original N1 was for around £180 I think, but I haven't had to do anything since the form went in. Would it be wise to claim anymore ?

cheers

Lee

You've done loads more research since then :rolleyes:

:D

I have an ongoing claim for non-compliance with Citi. After 16 days I sent in my request for judgment, Citi faxed in an intention to defend after 18 days, and the judge allowed it.

I have a preliminary hearing early next month with the DJ as "special directions are needed in this claim to prepare for the final hearing which the judge would prefer to explain to you in person"

I will let you know what happens.

Alan

:rolleyes:

This is usually to either let the Judge tell the other side they don't have a chance, so should comply and settle, or for the Judge to tell you the same :mad::confused:

Do you have a thread, alangee? Worth starting one, me thinks.

Does the note below look ok? Or should I take out the 2nd paragraph ? Anything else I need to add ?

thanks

Lee

Dear Sir/Madam,

REF CLAIM NUMBER: xxxxxxxxxx

Mr xxxxx (Claimant) v The Royal Bank of Scotland (Defendant)

I would like to ask that a Judge request an order for compliance, against The Royal Bank of Scotland, regarding a Subject Access Request made under the Data Protection Act 1988.

I would also like to ask the Judge to consider any further costs that may apply, under His or Her discretion.

Yours sincerely

That's an application for costs, which attracts a fee and which can't be done until Judgment is entered. Yes, remove the second paragraph. The rest is fine. You may want to add the request is under s.7, plus the Court can order compliance with it under s.7(9), just to be clear.

You're asking for Judgment by Default, plus an order to seek enforcement of their compliance with your request - all of which was included in your POC, I'd imagine?

• Haha 1

Hi Car

Yes my thread is http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/citicards/178240-user-jimbo.html, I sort of hijacked an empty thread.

The ICO have found in my favour, so hopefully it is the DJ telling them that they do not have a chance. ALL i have got from Citi are my copy statements and a typed out document containing some application information. This has taken since October last year to get.

Alan

• 1 month later...

Hi all

I have had a letter from my local court today asking for £150.This is the letter they have sent:

Dear Sir/Madam

RE:XXXXXX v RBS

The district judge has had sight of your letter dated 4th july 2009 and has made the following comments "If the claimant seeks injunction/declaration the correct fee should be paid".

The correct fee for such proceedings is £150.00

I originally paid a fee of £35 for the initial N1 submission and i was claiming around £180 in costs etc plus compliance of my subject access request.

After RBS ignored the court I then sent off the request for judgement form but didn't know there was another fee involved :confused:

I have also recently lost my job so i don't really want to be paying out an extra £150.

Is the above from the court correct??

cheers Lee

Lee,

I dont know if this link will take you to the right page..

http://www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/ex50_web_1009.pdf

If you scroll down, you will a claim that involves no "money" does in fact attract a fee of £150.00.

Would you be intitled to a fee remission ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Thanks citizen

If I pay the £150 fee can I claim it back off RBS and just send an updated claim sheet along with the fee? If i can then i will probably pay as hopefully it wont be too long before they settle.

thanks

Thanks citizen

If I pay the £150 fee can I claim it back off RBS and just send an updated claim sheet along with the fee? If i can then i will probably pay as hopefully it wont be too long before they settle.

thanks

Yes, I think you can, Lee. However, I will get that confirmed for you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Lee,

Can you just let me know what exactly you have done so far.

Entered the claim for non compliance on form N1 .. yes ?

Have you completed A&Q, sent witness statement etc ?

I have spoken to Car2403 and he thinks you should follow the steps I took for the Summary Judgement which will only cost you £75.00, which of course you will reclaim.

I will sort out my paperwork and post it up for you.. I will have to remove all personal information first.

BCOBS

Lee, you need to complete a form N244

Download form N244 from here

Like this...

lee01.jpg

img067.jpg

img065.jpg

You will be asking for your costs todate up to and including the cost of filing the N244 so this IS a money claim and will only cost you £75.00 to file.

Any questions, just yell

PS will put the 2nd page back in a minute.. left address on .. DUH !!

Edited by citizenB

BCOBS

Lee,

Can you just let me know what exactly you have done so far.

Entered the claim for non compliance on form N1 .. yes ?

Have you completed A&Q, sent witness statement etc ?

I have spoken to Car2403 and he thinks you should follow the steps I took for the Summary Judgement which will only cost you £75.00, which of course you will reclaim.

I will sort out my paperwork and post it up for you.. I will have to remove all personal information first.

Hi Citizen

This is what i have done regarding the claim:

I sent an N1 claim form to my local court to claim damages against RBS and to also ask for compliance regarding my SAR.The amount being claimed was £188.20 which included the court fee of £30.

When i got the stamped N1 form back from the court they gave RBS until 1st July 2009 to respond.

On the 2nd July i rang the court, who told me that RBS hadn't responded to the court papers, and so i was told to send the 'request for judgement' form back to the court.

I sent this off along with a covering letter in which i asked for an order for compliance under sec 7 of the data protection act 1998.I also asked for judgement by default, as the defendant had failed to respond to the claim before the deadline of july 1st.

As i am now currently claiming jobseekers allowance due to losing my job at the end of July should i just send an EX160 application form for fee remission as i would automatically qualify, or would it be best to send the N244 form as per your advice ?

many thanks for your help :)

Lee

Aha, righto.. you signed and returned the form that came with the original Notice of Issue form..

Right, I will ask one of the site team for you.. cos I dont know the answer.

BCOBS