Starting a court claim for SAR non compliance

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5291 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Lee,

I filed my N1 against Capital one on monday. After a little running around because I am claiming fee remission my papers were filed with no probs. I used havinastella's thread for ideas too :D

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Just a note here. It is best to wait for the ICO opinion (if you have complained) as the Judges tend to use this in support of your claims - I know this from personal experience.

• Haha 1

If that's so and you need the info urgently then I would enter a complaint to the ICO but tell the court you do need the info urgently and so have been reluctantly forced to start proceedings as your requests have gone unheeded.

If that's so and you need the info urgently then I would enter a complaint to the ICO but tell the court you do need the info urgently and so have been reluctantly forced to start proceedings as your requests have gone unheeded.

The Banks know they have 40 days to comply.I have also given them a further 14 days :rolleyes: so I don't really see the point in involving the ICO.As stated by car2403 the ICO take an age to respond.Court action is the best way to make them see sense :)

The Banks know they have 40 days to comply.I have also given them a further 14 days :rolleyes: so I don't really see the point in involving the ICO.As stated by car2403 the ICO take an age to respond.Court action is the best way to make them see sense :)

Exactly.

Don't forget to issue an updated schedule of costs if you need to go to Court. (24 hrs beforehand)

Jogs

I wasn't thinking of this from the banks angle - yes the toerags do know they only have 40 days. I refer to the courts as I personally got a right ticking off from a judge for bringing a non compliance case and he wouldn't allow it as the ICO hadn't given their verdict. He said he looked to the ICO's decision for guidance. Judges do vary so I was just saying this to warn you.

The only thing is, depending upon the company involved, they may get their act together. I did have a battle with Barclaycard over a SAR and in the end complained to their corporate HQ in London and it arrived within a day or so.

I understand where your coming from Rhia :)

The thing is the Banks seem to think they can just flout the law all the time, so hopefully threatening Court action seems to be the quickest way to get a result.

cheers

It's worth a try Lee.

Slightly off topic but I am of the increasing opinion that litigation is the only way to get the CRAs to remove incorrect info too. It's bad when we have to go to court to get these schmucks to comply with the law isn't it?

It's worth a try Lee.

Slightly off topic but I am of the increasing opinion that litigation is the only way to get the CRAs to remove incorrect info too. It's bad when we have to go to court to get these schmucks to comply with the law isn't it?

But isn't it a great feeling when you beat these huge companies :D

I wasn't thinking of this from the banks angle - yes the toerags do know they only have 40 days. I refer to the courts as I personally got a right ticking off from a judge for bringing a non compliance case and he wouldn't allow it as the ICO hadn't given their verdict. He said he looked to the ICO's decision for guidance. Judges do vary so I was just saying this to warn you.

The only thing is, depending upon the company involved, they may get their act together. I did have a battle with Barclaycard over a SAR and in the end complained to their corporate HQ in London and it arrived within a day or so.

This is a little worrying, I have issued a claim against a company for non compliance. I did not have time to go via the ICO, as the company had issued a claim against me on the same day as they banked the postal order and they were already 4 weeks overdue with the SAR at that time.

Complaints I have had with the ICO for over a year are just being acknowledged now !!

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Yes I know about the back log at ICO. I had a really awful judge though - he wouldn't give me an inch but that doesn't mean to say you will get the same treatment as there are some enlightened ones out there.

All you can do is state that they haven't complied and you need the info urgently and ICO has a massively long back log. Don't let my bad experience put you off it's just that I felt I should say what had happened in my own case.

I can't see that filing a complaint with the Information Commissioner is ever going to do you any harm. It only takes about 10 minutes online (provided I did it right!) and whilst you might not get a quick response, it is at least another black mark against them.

I filed my complaint as soon as the 40 days was up. I'm not expecting to hear anything soon but it won't stop me going down the court route either. Sure the judge could say wait for them to reply but I don't think there is much to that argument and I'll be more than willing to argue the point - 40 days is 40 days, not however long they want nor 40 days plus however long it is before the Information Commissioner catch up on their backlog and do something about it.

Edited by blueboy987

Hi all

I have not heard anything from RBoS regarding my claim for non-compliance.They have until Wednesday 1st July to respond to the Court claim.What happens if they don't respond? I presume I just let it go to Court ? Is this normal behaviour from the bank not to respond to a Court claim :?

thanks

If they don't reply, you will be applying for Judgment by Default then pursuing.

Usually, they do reply (at the last minute :rolleyes:) so keep an eye out for an update from the Court

....and it may well be that they have responded to the court, who haven't yet told you or forwarded copy doc'ts.

So, before you decide how to proceed, speak to the court and ask if there has been any response from the defendant.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi all

Just spoke to my local court regarding my claim for SAR non compliance and RBoS haven't responded to the court papers.They had until 1st July.

I now have to send the request for judgement form back to the court. I presume that I just put the claim amounts into section D as I had on my N1 form ? And also how do I now pursue them for compliance ? as they have totally ignored the court :confused:

Thanks

Lee