illegible CCA from Alliance & Leic

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5441 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi There, I Hope you can advise me what to do now with a CCA challenge against Alliance & Leicester.

I am currently making them reduced payments and they have frozen the interest, I have not defaulted on the agreement.

In December 08 I used 'Oasis' Claims Company to challenge this Credit Card agreement with Alliance & Leic. Oasis were charging no fees, but have now pulled out of the CCA aspect of their business, their clients me included have been sent all the correspondence. So, I am hoping that I can deal with it myself as I cannot afford to pay fees to any other claims company. I assume that I can take over the claim as Oasis were just 'representing' me.

They originally wrote to A & L on 06/12/08 requesting a true copy of my CCA. They seem to have done it correctly and sent my 1.00 pound cheque. A & L did not respond. They were written to again 19/01/09 and then did respond on 28/01/09 by sending a totally illegible agreement and their current terms & conditions. In their letter they state that 'all the necessary and prescribed terms are included in the cca' But I cannot read most of it, it seems to be the original application form 'doubling up' as the cca. It does say along the top CREDIT AGREEMENT REGULATED BY THE CONSUMER CREDIT ACT.

Can you advise me what to do next?

Thanks. Gimme Money

fire off the letter that states they have not complied, the docs are unreadable. and give them 14days or WHY.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi there,

I sent off the 'default/ I do not acknowledge any debt' letter and have had no response from A & L. Should I send a SAR request and complain to the FSA etc, any advise about what to do next?

Thanks. GM

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone give me some advise re: A & L claim?

I have send ACCOUNT IN DISPUTE LETTER and not had any response.

Also, I have now complained to FOS, complained to my Local Trading Standards, (I have a meeting with them on 16/07/09) will post outcome later and have emailled my MP & AM (I live in Wales)

I guess the next stage is sending a LETTER BEFORE ACTION can anyone suggest a letter for me to send? They have not defaulted me; I am on reduced payments & no interest.

1/ I want to threaten court action for disclosure (CCA agreement) but what do I quote?

2/ I want to advise them that I believe they don't have a enforceable agreement.

3/ I want to tell them to stop processing my data.

Hope you guys can help

Edited by Gimme Money
html problem