In a car accident - Not my fault - Who can i now claim off?????

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5498 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was in a car accident on the 3rd of March. I was driving down a road and coming up to a mini roundabout so i was slowing down, just set off to go again and a woman ran out straight in front of my car.

I got out of my car to see to the woman and she told me not to worry as it was her 'fault'. When the police came she again admitted to the officer TWICE that it was her fault.

About 2 weeks after the accident i received a letter from her solicitors asking me for my insurance details as she was trying to make a claim against me. The letter said that the woman was "walking in the road and i just knocked her over" which is obviously not true.

I went to a solictors myself and they sent a letter out to her solicitors for me. I have not heard anything back from them since. My solicitors advised me this would happen as she admitted to me and the officer that it was her fault.

I am now wanting to make a claim againist the woman for the damamge to my car and also they stress and wiplash she has caused to me.

I just wondered if anyone has any advice on how i can go about claiming from her? :?

If you have her address then you can begin county court proceedings against her directly.

You need to get a proper assessment of the damage to your car as well as photographs. You will need to get a full assessment of your personal injury and you should have gone to the doctor by now. If you didn't go to the doctor at the time then you have reduced your chances very substantially.

If you don't have her address then you could start writing your letters to her solicitors as clearly she has appointed them to act in this matter.

However I can imagine that the solicitors are acting on a no win no fee basis purely for this accident. As soon as you start corresponding, they will want to start charging her money for the defence and I can imagine that she will tell them not to act.

Let me say to you that this kind of thing often happen. After an accident they start talking with their friends and family and they get egged on to try and make a bit of cash out of the situation. We always ready for this. Make sure that whenever you have accidents with anybody and they make an admission of guilt that you get it in writing or you make sure that somebody heard the admission and you get confirmation from a person that they heard the admission. Not only that, if you're not able to get it in writing you should make an immediate note of the exact words and the circumstances of the admission including the date and time -- and you should keep the note very safely. It could be your only lifeline

Yes, i have got her address. I havn't got the address for her solicitors anymore though as i took my letter from then to my solicitor and he kept it.

I had to get some of them damage to my car repaired myself as the windscreen was all smashed in and i needed a new exhaurst as it split with the impact, these i have had to pay for myself but i also want to claim the money back for them.

I also went to the doctors after the accident for the wiplast so that has been recorded that i did have wiplash because of the accident.

Thanks for your reply...