Bailiffs and Enforcement with police a Horror Story

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5343 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I guess he got bored of putting bailiffs infront of the judge. It was a thankless task.

He has got my thanks I hope he got paid , the more people like him the better

standing up for the poor and persecuted , look what Heather Brooke the lady who started the F.o.I request in Parliament has achieved . The way things are going we will need more like him , especially if you see the The Courts and administration act waiting in the wings . The weasels have put it on hold , but they had the treacherous gall to draft it in the first place .

]

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Noddy,

Haven't got a clue about the costs as Marstons refuses to supply me with any form of relevant information, including the cost break down. l am dealing with that now, and it is actually in my favour that they refuse to forward what l am entitled to.

Not much of a tank man l'm afraid, was in special airforce engineering most of my time i.e. building temporary air bases and so on, but, did some time in a tank regiment (as an engineer) in another country.

As to my latin it's bad but got the gist and for sure no-one is safe but me?? hope you do not refer to the butcher??

GR

IT means in scots latin "No-one insults/attacks me with impunity " its often to be found on the edge of £1 coins , and is on the Royal coat of arms of Scotland .

I doubt they will reply , but they could be reading this , so give them 14 days in writing to show willing , also ask for all the money back within the same time frame to avoid further costs .

No to the butcher , only butcher cumberland , see wikipidia

Edited by noddyaccount
add-on

To the Perpetual Tourist,

Ther are things we say when in anger or being subjected to a threat of violation. lf anybody states that he has the right to ''come and remove your property whether you like it or not'' l assume that many people like myself would see that as a clear threat to break in. Now, as stated in this thread on more than one occasion, the outburst from my side was not very clever nor appropriate, but, must be put in to context of the situation. This is not a friendly hard working man just doing his duty. This bailiff has violated the law and the guidance for bailiffs on many accounts. Suffice it to say that l regret what l said and l actually told the man that l had no intention of harming him, if not in so many words. What l cannot understand is the selfappointed moralists who continue to frown on my outburst, but, seems to totslly ignore the incident itself. I am sorry if l have upset some moral and upright citizen, but, l am only human and sometimes do fail to be cool and correct in everything l do. However, we are lucky to have those who ''never lose it'' and hopefully they will contribute to this forum so that the rest of us poor devils receive the help and advice we need. Besides that, l could have been a Brazilian electrician of course.

GR

Dude, I'm on your side!

I just wanted to know what I should have done when the bailiff said "Let me in or I'll blow your effing head off".

Imagine I called the police (which I didn't).

When it comes to the bailiff's word against the defaulter's - who will the police believe? If it's the defaulter, what recourse does he have?

If it's the bailiff, well I guess from your posts, he'll slip in whilst the defaulter is talking to the police.

In my case, I was too scared to press charges. This was 10 years ago.

Edited by perpetual tourist

Dude, I'm on your side!

I just wanted to know what I should have done when the bailiff said "Let me in or I'll blow your effing head off".

Imagine I called the police (which I didn't).

When it comes to the bailiff's word against the defaulter's - who will the police believe? If it's the defaulter, what recourse does he have?

If it's the bailiff, well I guess from your posts, he'll slip in whilst the defaulter is talking to the police.

In my case, I was too scared to press charges. This was 10 years ago.

Sorry Tourist,

Didn't mean anything else than to put my 2 cent's worth in. There have been so many comments about my action that l'm getting a bit unreasonable and perhaps read things in that l shouldn't. But, follow this thread and you shall see wonders, because, now l'm in my old battle mood and shall deal with Swatman as deserved. I'm cool buddy and no harm ment. We are friends here. ok??

GR

Thank you HC,

l think l've seen this template and have it downloaded somewhere. Just run out of ink so have to go out and buy.

As to the figures, they seem to be about right. The bailiff wil, of course claim that he has attende with vehicles to collect etc. etc., but, as we all know by now that is male cow manure.

You do not know how much l appreciate all the help and basis for discussion l receive.

Thank you all so much.

GR

In my experience he will not contend anything at all , claim for all the difference between the cost of the fine and the total , he does not deserve a penny , in fact he should be paying you for his fraud and all the others he has done it too !

In my experience he will not contend anything at all , claim for all the difference between the cost of the fine and the total , he does not deserve a penny , in fact he should be paying you for his fraud and all the others he has done it too !

You are absolutely right Noddy and that is what l'm going to do plus compensation. The other issue is that l've got a broken back (happend last year) and l'm really suffering from bad pain as well as certain immobility. As a matter of fact l take so many pills in the morning that my wife thought it was my morning cereal and wanted to add milk. Now, it is worse, of course, and l'm off to the medicos again as it was caused by all the running and stress during the incident. l actually think l've trapped a nerve. There is now a long long list of actions to undertake and as of tomorrow the letters will start flying.

l shall keep on up-dating on this thread, but, would like to see all of you guys with experience and knowledge join me in a major action group against the swatmen and their employers abuse and misuse.

Anyone willing to join please contact me soonest.

GR

Site Team,

Good morning guys,

l am convinved that there is a need to approach the problem with bailiffs and the way they execute their duties in a more co-ordinated way. l would propose that a general site helping those who are in serious difficulty to understand the way the bailiffs operate; what they are allowed to do; and how they can solve their problems. Please let me know how to do this and any assistance would be highly appreciated.

GR

GR - I do hope you sort this out, and have bookmarked your thread.

I know exactly what made you go off the deep end and make a threat like that - they push you to it, but by doing it we then allow them to become the victim. So we have to try not to retaliate.

About three years ago, I had a disabled young male tenant in serious arrears, on the point of eviction, when I took over this patch. Anyway, to cut a long story short, he and I finally sat down and worked out a repayment plan. Now you have to understand this was for thousands of pounds, not a few hundred. So, I made it very clear I would be calling for his rent on such and such a day the following week and if the rent was not forthcoming I would go straight back to court and book his eviction.

I duly called the following week, and as I came to the building, I recognised a bailiff (not a county court one - debt collection type) coming out. When I got to this guy's flat, the door was wide open, he was sat on the floor crying his eyes out. And why? This idiot bailiff had got another resident to let him through the main door after he had tried to force it, then walked straight in to the man's flat - door unlocked, expecting me - taken the cash for the rent out of his rent book off the table, and pocketed it, as well as telling him he would be back the next day to collect the poor guy's one settee, and the cooker! Oh yes, and the table!

Well, that did it. I raced out the car park, the bailiff was chatting on his phone with his back to me, I yelled at him to end the call immediately, he was so shocked he did! Then I asked him to explain to me why he thought he had the right to take my tenants rent money when he was clearly in the vulnerable category. I shouted and yelled at him about how he had got into the building which is owned by my company, I threatened him with the cost of the repair to the door, and I promised him that I would personally see to it that my tenant put in a proper complaint about him, and by God he had better be registered properly. I got all the usual bad language, so I simply called my local police (they all know me very well!) and this bailiff thought I was bluffing! I had the last laugh when three cars turned up, they all greeted my by my christian name, cornered him and told him they were fully conversant with bailiff law as I was just about to instruct them in it and whatever I said goes! And as an aside they told him that he should not be causing a lady fear alarm and distress by using foul language at her in a public place! Did he wish to reconsider his actions? Tenant was given the cash back, didn't go as far as an apology from the bailiff, poor guy was too shocked. He did actually try and say he had every right to come back and take the cooker etc., so I simply pointed out that this item formed part of the tenancy agreement and did he really want to upset me again? No, he didn't.

This is in a very small seaside village, which is why I got such a good response (I knew I could count on them!) I quite often see him around, I always treat him to the V sign and a wave! He hates me.

Anyway, following on from that, on another estate I manage, must have been about 18 months later, one of my mentally ill residents was being threatened by bailiffs, and they must have gone too far because I got a call to attend with the police as the bailiff was being threatened with a cross bow and it was loaded! And when I got there, guess who the bailiff was?! And thankfully, this time it was about 20 coppers all at once because of the seriousness of the incident, they were all up to date with bailiff law, and they were all fired up. I heard one sergeant say to the bailiff "we'll enforce the law sir, not you!" And he and his colleague got short shrift from the police for upsetting all the residents in the block (many elderly) and causing my tenant to have to be sectioned immediately. Another unsuccessful day for him.

You are right, loads of bailiffs like this are just pigs. Some people get a thrill out of what they see as power. I admit its very satisfying to know I only have to make a quick call, and I can get police assistance immediately, but I would never abuse this, although I suppose I did do that just a tad with the bailiff and the rent money, but I think he needed taking down a peg. But not everybody in enforcement is like that - see the difference between this type of bailiff and a county court bailiff, they can be true gents. Even I have to attend evictions, (and sometimes I have had to plan the best way of getting a tenant out) when there is just no hope of recovering the situation, and I have to stand there with a stony face whilst it goes on, when really it breaks my heart to see all the kids things being taken out of the house, and everyone very distressed. But, if I let that mask slip for one moment, I would be done for and would not be able to do this job. The tenants I try to help simply wouldn'.t take me seriously anymore. (Social Housing, concentrating on ASB in particular, hence close working with police at all levels)

So, I wish you luck and feel that you must see this through to the end, because you have been wronged, but please don't think all people who have to enforce as part of their job are like this - they are not - just Marsdens!

Site Team,

Good morning guys,

l am convinved that there is a need to approach the problem with bailiffs and the way they execute their duties in a more co-ordinated way. l would propose that a general site helping those who are in serious difficulty to understand the way the bailiffs operate; what they are allowed to do; and how they can solve their problems. Please let me know how to do this and any assistance would be highly appreciated.

GR

The problem is the debt collection type bailiffs , hit across all of society , you don't have to be in serious difficulty to get scammed , the baillifs are not prejudiced , they hate rich and poor alike .

An educational site to hit them where their hearts are , in their wallet , would be the most effective check and balance for their actions .

Hi JackieandWayne,

Thank you so much for your wonderful response. I do whish l knew more people like you! lt would make me feel a lot better and certainly make the world a nicer place to live in.

Your story reflects in detail what l have been saying here. l never intended to say a bad word about county bailiffs, as l know as well as you do, that these are court employed and of a completely different category. Actually, the titel Bailff should only be permitted to be bestowed on these bailiffs and not on the swatmen, that not only break the law and human decency, but, are willing, able and happy to act as they do.

You'r a gem and please call again.

GR

Brother Noddy,

Again you take the word out of my mouth. You got it, with the exception that they are more likely sociopaths and hate everyone and everything except themselves.

Hang in here Brother, l need you.

GR

l am currently trying to put together some info. regarding bailiff horror stories. Much is being filed right now, but, we need more! Please, anyone who has a story to tell should file it here and let the rest of us take part.

Thank you all.

GR

l am currently trying to put together some info. regarding bailiff horror stories. Much is being filed right now, but, we need more! Please, anyone who has a story to tell should file it here and let the rest of us take part.

Thank you all.

GR

GR , if you could private message me I have an idea .

Hi Guys,

Have gone through the entire thread this morning and must admit that l did'nt start off very well. Too much anger and emotion, but, l'm still happy l did and that l was truthful and did not shy from telling the entire truth. Since then, this thread has grown to be, not only very informative, but, a real eye opener. l'm right now in the process of collecting data (getting my tanks in a row) and shall be able to file early next week.

However, l've done a mistake, as l thought it was Lambeth when it was Traffic For London (TFL). No difference, only that l have to start from the beginning with some items.

l have also decided that l need to help out so that the we do not have to worry to much about what we say and mention in our threads and posts.

Guys, Consumer Forum needs to establish a war chest for just such a situation. lt is actually one of the most important issues, as l and l'm sure very many others, would dearly like to be able to join forces and enter battle against the wrongdoers. But, without backing funds The Site Team got to be extremly careful as a successful libel suit would litteraly whipe the forum out. This cannot be permitted and l call upon every active cagger to donate no less than £5.00 that is FIVE POUNDS STERLING ONLY to consumer forum. l am seriously broke at the moment, but, shall find a fiver and forward it straight away. l have'nt checked up how many members there are, before starting this post, but, if l remember right it's a significant number. Further, a £ a week or so from each and everyone would surely result in a healthy and needed sum for the forum.

So, it's up to each and everyone to do as he see's fit, but, if we want to achieve something, l think we also need to get assurance in the form of monetary back up.

Your ideas please.

GR

Edited by gustavius rex
spelling and other rubbish

More Good News!

Got a court order for another parking ticket today! This time it's Merton and l have'nt got a clue where this one comes from. l just cannot recall having received a ticket from Merton ever, but, there you are, l'm guilty as charged.

So, l phone up the Merton Parking Services and explain the situation, including the fact, that l cannot recall having had any letters or ticket's. But, being a good citizen, albeit, of another Borough, l have decided to pay up rather than go through all the rubbish already experienced. However, the problem is that l have this broken back or actually crushed vertebra, why, l cannot work. And, to make matters a tad more difficult, my wife is forced to work for the two of us, although we are separated, as l do not recieve a penny in help. Could Merton now be so kind and let me pay this ticket off in a few installments commensurate with my non-existant income? And, what do you all think Merton said????? Well, they said, ''Sorry to hear about your back, but, unfortunately we do not under any circumstances accept payment plans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!''

l now asked the lady if they would come back with a bailiff and this time, maybe, take some of the equipment l use to help myself do things, or perhaps carry me off on a stretcher to the slammer. But, the ice cold response was..''if you had paid the ticket at the discounted price it would have been better for you''....???? In all fairness, it was an employee who proberbly had enough of bull s..t a long long time ago, but, to me this is more than disgusting. We elect these a.. h...s and the only thing we get back is being screwed left right and centre. l am seriously ****ed off.

GR

More Good News!

Got a court order for another parking ticket today! This time it's Merton and l have'nt got a clue where this one comes from. l just cannot recall having received a ticket from Merton ever, but, there you are, l'm guilty as charged.

So, l phone up the Merton Parking Services and explain the situation, including the fact, that l cannot recall having had any letters or ticket's. But, being a good citizen, albeit, of another Borough, l have decided to pay up rather than go through all the rubbish already experienced. However, the problem is that l have this broken back or actually crushed vertebra, why, l cannot work. And, to make matters a tad more difficult, my wife is forced to work for the two of us, although we are separated, as l do not recieve a penny in help. Could Merton now be so kind and let me pay this ticket off in a few installments commensurate with my non-existant income? And, what do you all think Merton said????? Well, they said, ''Sorry to hear about your back, but, unfortunately we do not under any circumstances accept payment plans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!''

l now asked the lady if they would come back with a bailiff and this time, maybe, take some of the equipment l use to help myself do things, or perhaps carry me off on a stretcher to the slammer. But, the ice cold response was..''if you had paid the ticket at the discounted price it would have been better for you''....???? In all fairness, it was an employee who proberbly had enough of bull s..t a long long time ago, but, to me this is more than disgusting. We elect these a.. h...s and the only thing we get back is being screwed left right and centre. l am seriously ****ed off.

GR

If you have not received any parking notifications , you can file a statutory declaration to that effect at any lawyers , cost £5.00 , that should enable you to examine and appeal the ticket , you would receive a notice to owner to do this , ask Merton how to do it or if its gone to Baillifs The Traffic Enforcement Centre Tec , its straightforward , What stage are you at ?

Hi Noddy,

l've got a court order and with it the statutory statement and got a week to file it. Sure l've done it before and the result was as described here in the now 5 pages produced. l'ts for 185 pound with court charges (£5.00).

Of course l can file, have my solicitor, who is also a commissione of oaths, around the corner, but, l'm tired of this and would rather pay them off. The thing is, though, that l cannot get in to my head why l cannot pay this in 2 or 3 installments. l am so ticked off that what l would like to say the the local authorities would surely be construed as very very bad and maybe l would then be the next Brazilian electrician.

GR

Hi Noddy,

l've got a court order and with it the statutory statement and got a week to file it. Sure l've done it before and the result was as described here in the now 5 pages produced. l'ts for 185 pound with court charges (£5.00).

Of course l can file, have my solicitor, who is also a commissione of oaths, around the corner, but, l'm tired of this and would rather pay them off. The thing is, though, that l cannot get in to my head why l cannot pay this in 2 or 3 installments. l am so ticked off that what l would like to say the the local authorities would surely be construed as very very bad and maybe l would then be the next Brazilian electrician.

GR

If you are not aware of the offence why should you pay ? Peace of mind , temporary , suppressed rage follows . By filing the Stat Dec .in good faith , you at least defer payment , and if you find yourself guilty of the alleged offence , at least you would pay only the nto rate £120 I assume ., and not have to deal with the baillifs . I am not condoning dishonesty and I hope you don't mind advice , but if you haven't received your NtO or are not aware of the ticket you are well within your rights .

Sorry to say that in my experience of parking tickets at least 80 , they have never accepted instalments , I know I am a bad man driving round my own city of at least 5 generations , parking here and there for 5 minute periods , overstaying parking meters by minutes . I can remember regulary driving from Ealing to Putney in 15 minutes and I didn't even break any laws . i take it a bit personally as i was driving around minding my own business before parking was 'decriminalised 'in 1991/2 , never once had a ticket off a Traffic Warden , remember them before that .I knew I was being mugged by local govt. despite all their weasel excuses , congestion , pollution right from the off .

Edited by noddyaccount
add on

Used to live or at least have my abode your way and do remember the old traffic warden too. Used to go down to Queen Adelaide and have a pint of Fullers Directors too. Those were the good times when we all enjoyed a simpler, nicer, politer and more understanding life. God l miss it. You are right, l should fight the ticket and save my 60 quid too, so, l may just be encouraged enough by your kind advice and do so. l am still waiting for your proposal??

GR

Used to live or at least have my abode your way and do remember the old traffic warden too. Used to go down to Queen Adelaide and have a pint of Fullers Directors too. Those were the good times when we all enjoyed a simpler, nicer, politer and more understanding life. God l miss it. You are right, l should fight the ticket and save my 60 quid too, so, l may just be encouraged enough by your kind advice and do so. l am still waiting for your proposal??

GR

I did reply to your pm , thank you , should be in your email inbox .

Hi Noddy,

your private message is lost somewhere and l need to contact you urgently. l will be in contact shortly.

GR

No problem Gustavius , contact me a.s.a.p , I sent my message to you as a "reply" to your message , I will have to type it out again if you can't find it , have a look at your original sent mail ? I am here .

No problem Gustavius , contact me a.s.a.p , I sent my message to you as a "reply" to your message , I will have to type it out again if you can't find it , have a look at your original sent mail ? I am here .

Will check up all l have and get back to you. By, the way, found the Governments instructions for Bailiffs. Basically the same as the police forces, but, a bit more restrictive. Will come back about that. Am also looking for lawyers who may be interested in claims re. victims of unscrupeleous (most of them) bailiffs. Will let yo know about that too. lf we cannot hit them with the law as it is corrupt, then, let's hit them in the pocket where it really hurts.

GR

Important news. Have spent the day reviewing the various parts of the law pertaining to my case. lt is obvious that this will not be easy as the law has been amended to such an extent it makes a mockery of justice. All relevant parts regarding blackmail and extorsion has been deleted and replaced by theft and fraud. All sections curtailing bailiffs amended, why, you must be a law lord to know what is going on. Have, however, managed to put my witness statement together and am now in the process of compiling the rest of the documentation. When it is all complete I shall return and discuss my actions.

GR

hi Guys,

Would like to know if there is anyone about who has successfully managed to file a compaint against a bailiff for

1. Fraud;

2. deception;

3. extortion and/or

4. conspiracy to, or actual burglary (illegal entry).

If you have and even if it was not successfull l would like to hear from you asap.

GR