Absurd!? Norwich Union v Norwich Union Direct (car insurance quagmire)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5497 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Absurd?!...A colleague's son was in a car waiting at a red light when another car rammed from behind. Notwithstanding the obvious default liability, the driver causing the crash willingly admitted liability both at the scene and later in writing.

The driver causing the crash was insured by Norwich Union and the hit driver by Norwich Union Direct. The latter has thus far withheld payment of the excess on the basis that they have not recieved confirmation from Norwich Union which they consider to be a different company. But from the beginning they had all of the drivers information to hand, saying "it is the same company". Three months have gone by and Norwich Union Direct contends the info was not recieved from Norwich Union. Liability is clear anyway, but the driver who caused the accident proactively admitted liability now a number of times.

How long can Norwich Union Direct wait and hold on to the excess and will interest be payable when they finally log the details and pay it if they ever do? Is this somethign the ombudsman can sort out?

Guest Aviva Support

creditcruncha

If your colleague would like to email me I'll see if I can find out what is going on. My email address is rebecca.sibley@aviva.co.uk

If you could get them to send the son's policy number and name too.

Becca