A real mess!!

recourse
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5513 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A client of mine was repossessed in February of this year. She had, since originally purchasing the property itself, bought two parcels of land which now form part of the whole plot. She purchased them for cash, and ran a small business from them growing plants and selling them at farmers markets. The mortgage company did not have, and furthermore have never had any restriction or charge on these pieces of land, and mortgage proceeds were not used to effect the purchase.

On the day repossession took place, the bailiff, having in his hand copies of land registry documents, pointed out the areas of land which were no business of the agents. It was hardly necessary as the areas were fenced off.

Since then, the property has gone onto the market, and the land belonging to her has been cleared of thousands of pounds worth of property, and the fences have been torn down. Viewings are taking place, and potential buyers are being walked around land which they have no right to even walk on.

DB Mortgages, the clowns involved, have offered the client £8000 for her land, and are pressuring her.

She surely has a claim against the agents for clearing property from land they shouldnt be on, but because her business has been lost, cannot afford legal fees

Any ideas?

Thanks

o.m.g your friend is in a pickle.

Firstly i'd find out who cleared the land(probably wasn't the estate agent),report them to the police for criminal damage.if no one will give the companys name just report the MC.

also ask the police to go with your friend to the estate agents with copies of land registry.tell the estate agent they have 24hrs to take the land details of the off the property details(if not she will report them to the police for attempted fraud and also to the body that governs estate agents)also if they take anyone onto the land she report them for trespass.

Oh and while she's with the police report the mortgage company for intimidation.

Good Luck

To be honest - she needs a solicitor for this.

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.