1st Letter Sent - What Letter Do I Use Now?

Sparkers24
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4474 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Still waiting at the mo Sparkers , but there are moves afoot in the background ..... and the Scottish case should be due to be heard any day now .....

If the court is still happy for the stay to remain , then coast along for now if you can.... if there are any dramatic developments .... this will be the place to get learn about them ...... :D

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If you think I've helped you please feel free to tickle my star :-D

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's the strange thing, because I had a letter sent to my old address asking me to get in touch if I wanted to kept the case 'stayed'.

I found this out some weeks after moving address.

I had sent the letters to the solicitors (with a copy to the courts) telling that I would be changing my particulars of claim soon, as copied from Castlebest's letter.

I assume this has sufficed, but I haven't heard anything back from the Courts. I have given them my new address.

Might be an idea to check with the court (by phone if you like ) that the case is still stayed .... then if they ask you can confirm that you want it to remain until you can amend your POCs ..... and you can also ensure they've got your current address ....... for future correspondence .....

That'll stop any shenanigans from the solicitors (DG I take it ?:rolleyes: ) or the bank sneaking in and trying for a strike-out .....

• Haha 1

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Can anyone please reply to my previous queries that all relate to knowing what to do about my claim now? It is stayed at a UK Court but I don't know whether the chances are slim of winning a case, what would now be required to try and win (compared with how simple it was three years ago), and whether I need to change the Particulars of Claim.

If I drop the case, will it simply be a matter of writing to the courts? Or do you need a special form?

• 6 months later...

Hello, I am just posting to ask for an update on the situation for stayed cases in the Courts. Have there been any developments with the CAG test cases in the Courts, so that Particulars of Claim can be changed and things moved on? I expect not. I am just a little concerned about the stayed case. ThanksSam

Hi Sam ,

Things are in limbo at the moment ...awaiting the outcome of some of the Scottish cases ...just keep an eye on your case if it's stayed to make sure the bank don't try to sneak a "strike out" application ... and if the court come and tell you they're considering striking it out ... write and tell them you are waiting for other case results ... so would like it stayed further until these materialise ..

I think there's one due to be heard in July .... through the GLC , so hopefully not long to wait .. you may then be able to submit amended POCs to suit ....

Nemo me impune lacessit

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

From reading around the forum of late I assume that there is no possibility of getting the bank charges back.

I believe my case is still stayed with Salford Court but I have not heard from the Court or the solicitors in 2 years.

What do I do now? Do I just leave things or put something in writing? (I will of course check with the Court to find out the current situation).

• 3 weeks later...