2 day old car power failure!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5493 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Yes, it's true!

i bought a brand new ford focus cc and it was deleivered thursday night - with scratches/scuffs (to be sorted by mobile valet) but the big concern is that on sunday evening there was no power.

Greenflag attended and said there was a power drain failure and the alternator was nor working. the readout also said engine malfunction.

My brother who is a solicitor suggested if I did't want to reject the car then I could claim for damags for breach of contract - try and seek compensation.

Or should I reject the car or get it repaired.

what do you think?

Thank you

xxx

What does your brother think? He is, after all a legal professional and most of us here are enthusiastic amateurs!

As you probably know already, you can request a repair and if that isn't successful you may still be able to reject.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

We in similiar position with the car we purchased. been with the dealer to recifiy engine problem since 2/05/09. Good deal with fianance so bought the car. Been told today by the dealer noise rectified, ok to collect the car. When we rejected we ere told to either take the car if we didn't and rejected, then will lose the deposit etc paid. Now in catch 22. fustrated and feel dealer are forcing us to accept a faulty car. (they have accpeted there was a fault on the car).

fustrated/angry left with not much choice. can't afford to lose the deposit.