Halifax - getting serious now

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4618 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

Heard nothing yet from the DCA regarding my "offer" however dropped through the door today from a different DCA is a demand for the full amount!!!!!!!!!!!

what gives? Are these DCA's told by halifax to chase me or do they do it off thier own backs and hope if they settle with me that they can sell it to halifax in the hope they can make some dosh between what i pay them and what they pay halifax?

Cheers

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi all

Heard nothing yet from the DCA regarding my "offer" however dropped through the door today from a different DCA is a demand for the full amount!!!!!!!!!!!

what gives? Are these DCA's told by halifax to chase me or do they do it off thier own backs and hope if they settle with me that they can sell it to halifax in the hope they can make some dosh between what i pay them and what they pay halifax?

Cheers

This is simply a ploy to put the frighteners on you in the hope that you will buckle.

Follow the advice you are already getting in this thread and you wil be OK.

Don't let them get to you....that is what they want

ims

Hi all

Cheers

They will have been told by Halifax to chase you. I think this is against the OFT debt collection guidelines (google this and susan edwards of oft for a copy of this).

In any case I would ignore DCA2 for the moment but write to Halifax expressing "puzzlement" at hearing from DCA2 now - as you thought you were negotiating with DCA1 and that DCA1 was authorised by Halifax to negotiate an F&F - say nothing about amount or counter offer etc. Let them do the work and wait and see what happens. If DCA1 write again then just send a similar letter asking for proof they have Halifax's authority to negotiate.

At least you'll be giving them some work to do that will need a non template reply from them!

Good luck!

BD

• 1 month later...

Hi tosh1sorry not to update, there are movements. heard from DCA2 saying that any settlement would be partial, I wrote back saying that DCA1 on behalf of Halifax had already offered full and final of which I have in writing, DCA2 wrote back saying they would take thier clients advice and get back to meRegards

• 2 months later...

Hi all confused or what

After my last lot of letters to the most recent DCA I have received a letter from Halifax stating all the usual stuff about what they are allowed to send us ie. not an original document, plus that although a dodgy termination they can still pretty much do what they like, and that they intend to. Now the confusing bit, they start thier letter telling me they don't have the original or a copy of the signed aggreement, although see Post54 from some months past.

Hence my confusion

Regards

It might be the copy sent in post 54 was a microfiche copy which might look kosher - but is no use if teh original was destroyed as I'm pretty sure, despite loads of creditor-friendly judgements that they still need the ORIGINAL SIGNED copy to enforce in court. Might be worth now using CPUTR 2008 (see PriorityOne's threads on this excellent weapon) - or just sitting back and seeing what they do next - then act "confused" and point out what they say above (ignoring post 54).

Good luck!

BD

Hi BD thanks for looking in

I know what you're saying, and I hope you're right, but, and its a big but, I can't help thinking that if they stood up in front of most judges and said something like I'm very sorry we seem to have lost the original, but we do have this exact copy of the original, the judge just might say - ok then - game over.

All I'm left with then is the maybe dodgy termination, and they seem to be being ignored.

Then of course Halifax keep telling me that I had no grounds to put the account into dispute in the first place, its all getting very worrying, I must be honest my resolve is wavering, but I have no option but to see it through to the bitter end as I'm broke.

Cheers all

If you're wavering then check out the CPUTR threads - as this will give you more ammo and possibly total peace of mind if they don't reply to a CPUTR request (and they daren't bluff in such a reply).

Their current tactics are designed to make you waver and wear you out - don't fall for it - it doesn't mean they've got a strong case at all!

Good luck!

BD

Thanks for the advice BD, I think I an just going to sit and wait for a bit, in the past I have always replied to all letters, so I think its time to be patient and save some paper and ink. Then when the next lot of threatograms come I can tell what they've told me.

Regards

T

I agree. Do nothing right now and let them show their hand a bit more - I've had various threats which eventually just stopped dead when I didn't respond, so it can work if they've actually got nothing on you and they see their empty threats are not working.

In the meantime read up on PriorityOne's CPUTR thread so you know what other ammo you can use if necessary.

Good luck!

BD

Hi all

I didn't have to wait long, they seem to be ignoring the termination, they have now sent me an account statement along with an envelope and a payment slip just as if nothing has happened, rather than start the whole process again I'm tempted to still keep waiting.

I agree. They are trying to spook you - but they would claim this was "just routine" if you complained. I would just keep waiting - and use CPUTR 2008 at the appropriate time in the future. Use te intervening time to improve your knowledge on related threads so you are as well placed as possible to fight if necessary.

Good luck!

BD