Does this make sense to you?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6509 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

called CABOT today because I noticed the account information they sent me out started on the 21/01/03, but when I looked on my credit file there was a default which was posted a month earlier in their name.

Their explanation was that the default was posted by PROVIDIAN but because they bought the account the default was put into their name.

How can a default which has posted by one company onto your credit file in their name be changed because another company has bought the account.

Please explain

Something else just came to mind.

CABOT said that the default was changed to their name after the account was transferred to them, if this is the case should they not also be responsible for the account information prior to taking over the account?

For the record she also said that a lot of people have tried to remove defaults and fail, and that the banks have no legal requirement to keep any information on defaults.

Sounds like a lot of waffling to me. You could do a lot worse than try calling CAB for advice on this and also see what the credit reference agency say too.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Sounds like a lot of waffling to me. You could do a lot worse than try calling CAB for advice on this and also see what the credit reference agency say too.

That is exactly what I thought so I will be calling the equifax tomorrow to clarify the situation.

I always thought that a default was a stamp in time and that is what happened then, just because it is passed over I just cannot see the default changing names.