style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3308 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Jason King

Logically, I'd say yes.

Consider this, imagine an elderly person with dementia admitting to a debt they never owed that has only now been discovered by one of the family.

In other words, there would have to be a compelling reason.

Or the answer is no, which would then provide more fuel for the notion that the law is an ass.

• 5 months later...

In what capacity Cheekone as the Defendant or the Claimant or who made the set a side?

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

hi Andy i made the request for the setaside as defendant , and the claiment failed to show at the hearing , and the judge gave me 14 days to enter a a statment , withine 14 days.

At the original hearing i admited owing the money but this was due to my mental health

regards cheekone

hi Andy i made the request for the setaside as defendant , and the claiment failed to show at the hearing , and the judge gave me 14 days to enter a a statment , withine 14 days.

At the original hearing i admited owing the money but this was due to my mental health

regards cheekone

Good afternoon Cheekone

What were the grounds for making your set aside application?

Did you fill out box/para 10 on page two of the Application notice (N244)?

Do you have any documents/exhibits that you can rely upon in support of said application?

It would be most helpful if you are able and willing to post up some further information on this matter, that way we shall have a greater understanding of your position in these proceedings.

Kind Regards

The Mould

As the Mould states Cheekone

Would need a little more background.Normally if the Claimant failed to stay or attend the S a S hearing he would normally allow it in your favor.

As he has requested you to submit a statement and file on the claimant without further details I am at a loss to why he would make this order.

Unless he has allowed the S a S and is requesting a defence from you.

If possible post up or type out the order verbatim less personal details.

Regards

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

we attended the hearing on monday , and the judge didn't want to set aside the judgement , without the claiment being their.

Due to my mental state, i stupidly admitted owing money that i didn;t owe.

however they did take a photocopy of my doctors letter, and h asked for it to be more time specific

and he also told me to file a statment with the court and serve papers on the claiment

A statement that you admited the debt ? I wonder

What were the grounds for your set a side?

we attended the hearing on monday , and the judge didn't want to set aside the judgement , without the claiment being their.

Due to my mental state, i stupidly admitted owing money that i didn;t owe.

however they did take a photocopy of my doctors letter, and h asked for it to be more time specific

and he also told me to file a statment with the court and serve papers on the claiment

OK, so your GP's letter probably does not state the period to which your mental state of mind applies or the prescribed drugs that you may of been given as the treatment.

Did you mistakenly admit to a debt that you confused with being another debt that you did owe to another creditor?

Do you even or have you ever held an account with the claimant under a credit facility agreement/contract? (probably not)

Anyway, can you post up the exact contents of your application to set aside please?

Kind Regards

The Mould

The set a side would have been granted then except for the absence of the claimant.The amount grossly incorrect.

Lets leave aside your health issues for now Cheekone.Lets wait for receipt of the General Order which will clarify

the DJ Order of said required statement to be served.

If you can post up on receipt but also keep an eye on the dates, you must not miss that submission and file.

Regards

Andy

Its the only thing I can think it relates to Cheekone.

Andy

But then again "we attended the hearing on Monday , and the judge didn't want to set asidelink3.gif the judgment , without the claiment being their."

Wait until you get conformation through as I advised above

Andy

My grounds to set aside
link3.gif
judgment where that the wrong apr had been applied,
You can prove this you have a copy of your CCA?
the total amount payable was £23000 and not £32000 ,
So judgment was passed on £32? Did you not defend this at the time?
and my mental health at the hearing
So you have grounds that you was confused.

Simply reply with the above facts and that you wish to re defend on the above grounds.

Regards

Andy

• 1 month later...

i have just discovered that Bryan carter solictors are now calling theirselves mccure naismith .

I went to a hearing recently where the judge would not setaside the hearing ,

because neither their client or themselves failed to turn up

I followed the judges order and handed put a statment into the court and served documents on their client which they should of replied too,

by the 15th of march theirs been no reply from them or their client

cheekone

Edited by cheekone

Puzzling post, cheekone. McClure Naismith is, AFAIK, nothing to do with Bryan Carter.

Can you be a bit clearer about your post? Don’t quite understand what this is about. Do you have an ongoing case? Where do McClure Naismith come into this?

Hi DonkeyB

In Febuary , i went to a hearing to get a Judgement setaside ,neither the claiment or their solicitors showed up at the hearing , and it was the lovely solicitors from bryan carter who attended the hearing , claiming to be from mcure-naismith which explains why they prevented me from entering a defence.

The judge ordered that i servered a statment on the claiment , and that they replied within 14 days which they have not

Still not terribly clear. Is there a back story on another thread? What do you need help with?

Perhaps you should be asking the court to issue an unless order to make them comply? Still don't understand the relevance of this new solicitor.

were, perhaps, bc instructed by the other sols to act as their agent and thus attend on their behalf?

Edited by Ford
typo