egg/barclays/Lowells SD ****SET ASIDE & WON COSTS ***

mandyjayne
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5148 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

oh my god you two i am killing myself laughing here...love it:D

cheers peeps

MJ;)

ps..... just to double check..(now i have composed myself from the laughter...)

I sent the "prove the debt letter"..not request for cca..dont think cca applies with overdraft..or does it? is the next letter ok to send! or something else up your sleeve!!!!

Edited by mandyjayne

CAG Depends Purely Upon Donations. Please help us to continue helping you, and give what you can - Thank you:grin:

Click to donate

Please click my scales, if you feel the need;)

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, I wouldn't bother with CCA on this one, as you are quite correct, CCA don't apply to overdraft.

If you must reply, I'd simply reply with a: "a) I don't owe you jack, b) even if I did (which I don't), any alleged debt would be long statute-barred, now bog off." or words to that effect.

Bookworm...you are funny...thanks for cheering up my day!

Ok will sit it out and post if anything else turns up from the leeds losers!!;)

MJ... :D

CAG Depends Purely Upon Donations. Please help us to continue helping you, and give what you can - Thank you:grin:

Click to donate

Question...if i ignore them are they likely to take the court/ccj route??

Well, you could always forewarn them that you have experience of getting CCJ's set aside!! :D

They've got to get the CCJ first MJ and normally, the court takes into amount how much you can afford to repay each month. I know some try and get a CO pretty quickly but I think you have to cross each hurdle as you get to it!!

If you feel I've helped then by all means click my star to the left...a simple "thank you" costs nothing! ;)

Restons MBNA -v- WelshMam

MBNA Cards

CitiCard

M&S and More

Hi all

Sorry just another question, i have just looked again at my experian credit report. I have 3 defaults, all dated around 2000 (bad times!!)

1. Arrow Global - credit card - dafaulted, then ccj and charging order. Fought this and got set aside, ccj/co gone but default still there can i get this removed...if so how please?

2. HFC bank - credit card - nothing from them and no DCA

3. Lowell - now this is the one in question - says credit/store card defaulted - for an amount i dont recognise. No mention of barclays bank overdraft and the amount they are saying i own is different. Cant be the same debt...can it??

Could it be they are chasing the overdraft without a notice of assignment or default..hope im making sense here!!!

Help please

MJ:D

bump

Edited by citizenB
Merged posts where "bump" has occurred on same day

Click to donate

No sorry i didnt explain very well...the debts all date back to 2000 but were defaulted with experian around 2006...

What im trying to say is why is the barclays bank overdraft debt ..of this thread..being collected by Lowells...not on my credit report with a default??? Should it have been defaulted before they could chase it??

bump

bump:D

Edited by citizenB
Merged posts where "bump" has occurred on same day

Click to donate

You should have received a Notice Of Assignment from the creditor telling you that Lowells are dealing with it. Obviously if they haven't registered a default on your credit file they haven't sent you a Default Notice, but have they notified you that they have closed your a/c ?

okey dokey...to the Lowells answer...thanks

another question

Can anyone tell me how to get a default removed...this one had a ccj/charging order which i have been successful in having removed..how do now get the default off.

thanks MJ

Edited by mandyjayne

Click to donate

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Ok another letter has arrived from Lowells last week. I take it in response to the "prove it" letter.

it says roughly...

We are currently looking into your enquiry and will respond to you asap.

Please be assured we will try to answer your query at our earliest convenience.

I will not be able to give you an exact date as to when this will be as our enquiries can take time, as we often have to retreive info from the original creditor or external bodies.:eek:

What i can guarantee is that your enquiry is being dealt with and you have no need to write in again:D

yours sin

sammy swallow:p (nice name!!)

Any comments??

MJ:)

bump

Edited by citizenB
merged posts where "bump" has occurred on same day

Click to donate

thanks for reply...will post up when i receive the next one:eek:

Click to donate

• 1 month later...

Hi all..

Help and more advise needed.

I have today received from Lowells, 2 "credit card" type statements..

one saying original creditor Barclays Bank, and the amount owed..(yes we know about) the other one saying the original creditor is Egg:confused:...and amount owed.

well my Egg card is paid..(and where has this one come from) other than that it clearly states on my credit file that Egg is "satisfactory settled **/**/05"

anyone have any ideas what the hell they are doing.?? and more importantly...what should i do?

This is, i take it in response to my "Prove it" letter for the original Barclays Overdraft!!

Can someone help me with this pls on what to do now:D

thanks MJ

bump

Edited by citizenB
merged posts where "bump" has occurred on same day

Click to donate

Hi..

this is the thing they are not Barclays statements they are "Lowells Statements" i have had nothing in reply to my prove it letter except this, its as if they have invented their own bank...i will try and scan one up for you tomorrow..it just looks like a regular credit card statement from one of the well know ones but all the figures are from the debt they are chasing...dont know if im making sense here will be better if you could see it..will try tomorrow...any comments in the meantime?

MJ

Click to donate

Have not done one...just sent the prove it letter you suggested

MJ

Click to donate

• 4 weeks later...

Can some one just confirm if it says settled/satisfied againts a credit card debt (egg) that means it is PAID??

Lowells seem to think i owe them £4,*** odd pounds, can someone comment pls

cheers

MJ:)

Click to donate

Hi and welcome

I guess you've checked your credit file. Just as a point mine has one that says S (satisfied) but shows a balance above. Have you checked to make sure it shows a zero balance, if it shows a zero balance then I would send the prove it letter of Lowells and see what they come back with.

DG:)

I have no legal training my knowledge comes from my personal life experiences

Please help keep the forum alive by making a donation