Repaired item or refund?

brainhurts
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5529 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I bought an ipod less than 6 months ago from comet and have only used it about 3 times. The last time i used it, its buttons would not work, contacted apple support, discovered it was known fault and advice was return to store and refund/replace. Returned to comet, would not refund, replace nor exchange. Offered to send to apple to check i didnt damage it, which subsequently have confirmed i havent. (A whole load of other stuff occured for which i sent complaint to head office)

Anyway i am reluctant to accept the new ipod, I personally dont want an ipod that is susceptable to a known common fault. I see no reason why I cant have a full refund, can anyone advise me of where I stand legally?

Thanks in advance.

My understanding is that after 28 days they normally only have to issue a repair/replacement. Also, your warranty extends from your original date of purchase and not the date that you received a replacement item.

If the product is known to have a design defect, as suggested, then I'm honestly not sure how you stand as regards obtaining a refund.

If you feel I've helped then by all means click my star to the left...a simple "thank you" costs nothing! ;)

Restons MBNA -v- WelshMam

MBNA Cards

CitiCard

M&S and More

Thanks mam for your reply. The ipod has a years warranty so covered there. Is it not a consumers right for a refund if the product breaks within the warranty period? I'm confused??:confused:

I don't believe so, no...sorry!!:(

The only aspect that I can see being different is the known problem with the buttons but, as I said earlier, I'm not personally sure of your rights in this respect.

If you feel I've helped then by all means click my star to the left...a simple "thank you" costs nothing! ;)

MBNA Cards

CitiCard

M&S and More

Thanks! I'm confused because I thought I knew my rights lol...What are the rights specifically for obtaining a refund?

Your rights are stated in the Sale of Goods Act 1979 and subsequent amendments in The Sale and Supply of Goods to Consumer Regulations 2002 (SI 2002 No 3045).

Normally, your guarantee specifies entitlements to refunds which I think is circa 28/30 days. I think it all boils down to what is a "reasonable time" for you to hold on to the goods and then ask for a refund. You say that you've had the ipod for 6 months which may go against you on this.

If you return the item and requested a refund then they may also be able to deduct a sum for useage.

MBNA Cards

CitiCard

M&S and More