Littlewoods made a mistake

sleepz
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5518 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Howdy folks.

I noticed a problem on my Littlewoods account today, as I logged into my online banking and noticed a Direct Debit return had put my balance over the limit.

After a bit of further examination I realised it was Littlewoods attempting to take out Direct Debits from my account. I knew my account was in credit to the amount of about £5, so I logged into my Littlewoods account.

I ordered a couple of items in December, on a 3 for 2 offer.

2 of the items arrived, but the third item was out of stock, so would be delivered when back in stock. I tried the two items on and didn't like them much so returned them, and asked them to cancel the third item (as there was no point in getting it since I was only after the 3 for 2 offer).

So I figured everything was fine, and I was £5 in credit.

Today I noticed that the third item had been cancelled, but then a "Price update" appeared on my account to the amount of £72 (I assume when the item was back in stock, even though they never sent the item to me, and it had been cancelled). This was back on the 6th of January. Unbeknownst to me they have been trying to take this amount out of my account every month since then ... a couple of days before payday, so when the funds weren't available in my account.

I phoned them up this morning and after a bit of wrangling they acknowledged their mistake and took off the amount, and any subsequent charges applied to the account.

Now however, I assume I must be entitled to claim back all the bank charges that have incurred on my bank account (from Littlewoods) because of their mistake (If I include the times where returned direct debits have pushed my account over the limit it's creeping close to £200).

Im just wondering what the best way to go about claiming this back is?

I only noticed today because I got £50 charges today because of Littlewoods which has pushed me over my limit and means I have literally not a penny on me now until next week. Is there a way I can get them to pay up immediately?

I havn't even been able to get lunch at work today :(

So the upshot of their mistake is that I have no money at all, I've been charged loads by the bank, my "credit Limit" at Littlewoods is down to £100, and it's probably reflected on my Credit File that i've missed 4 payments, when in fact I shouldn't have as it's due to their mistake.

Im just wondering where I stand

Thanks

Edited by sleepz

01/08/06- Royal Bank of Scotland - S.A.R sent

24/08/06- Royal Bank of Scotland - Statements Received

31/08/06- Royal Bank of Scotland - 1st Request sent

13/09/06- Royal Bank of Scotland - LBA sent

23/09/06- Royal Bank of Scotland - Offer received £1544 (Thanks but no thanks)

02/10/06- Royal Bank of Scotland - *WON* Full settlement

Anyone got any input on this?

I phoned them this morning and they say I need to write to James Mitton who is the Customer Experience director ... means it's gonna take a couple of weeks at least to get this resolved.

To save time, I'd like any input on what I can say, or anything I can quote to help my case, and get this resolved asap. The lady I spoke to on the phone said they were under no obligation to repay the bank charges. She almost turned it back on me because I hadn't been checking my statements, but I didn't see the point since I knew I was in credit and hadn't ordered anything.

Can I quote the Direct Debit guarantee :

"If the originator or the bank/building society makes an error, the customer is guaranteed a full and immediate refund of the amount paid."

They did make a mistake, but im not sure this counts as a Direct Debit mistake?

01/08/06- Royal Bank of Scotland - S.A.R sent

24/08/06- Royal Bank of Scotland - Statements Received

31/08/06- Royal Bank of Scotland - 1st Request sent

13/09/06- Royal Bank of Scotland - LBA sent

23/09/06- Royal Bank of Scotland - Offer received £1544 (Thanks but no thanks)

02/10/06- Royal Bank of Scotland - *WON* Full settlement

No chance. L'woods make Scrooge look like a philantropist when it comes to giving money back. :mad:

You need to write a strong and to the point letter saying they messed up, they caused the situation by which you are down a lot of money, and tell them that either the rectify the situation by putting you back to where you were before they messed up (ie, rectify credit file, credit limit + repaying the bank charges accrued), you'll take them to court to force them to do so. Carry your threat through. Send the letter to their legal dept, not CS, they are worse than useless.

But swift resolution? Nuh-uh, not with that shower. :mad: