Bit Confused.....

Bullitt
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6514 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:confused: Hello People,

My good lady wife found this site tonight, and I have decided to try and nail HSBC for charges going back to 2000. The charges recently kept pushing me further over my overdraft limit, incurring further charges etc, a familiar story I am sure.

I do have some questions I would appreciate any help i can get with...

1. When I request the info from HSBC, do I have to sift through and work out what are overdraft charges.

(To the best of my knowledge, they never refused a DD or bounced a cheque. They were obviously happy to cash them and make money off me by charging extortionate penalty fees!)

2. What exactly is the Schedule of charges? Do I have to write down every date, what the charge was etc?

3. Finally...overdraft interest.....is that the interest charge listed on my statement? On one old statement I have when I was 4 grand in credit, they charged me 6.60 interest? Can I claim that back?

Probably stupid questions, but any help would be massivley appreciated. Going by my incomplete collection of statements, they owe me £1200 and i want it back!!!!!!!!

Well done to all who have had success...your stories have inspired me!

Bullitt

Hi Bullitt.

These aren't stupid questions.

I wouldn't mind them answered too.

I sent off my DPA letters yesterday. Cost me a fortune mind, but I reckon it's worth it.

Good luck

:eek::confused: Totallylost :confused::eek:

I only want what's mine.

Cabot (Halifax CC) £3304.31 - trying to negotiate min payment.- Sept 09

They sent copy of original agreement (bad copy).Felt I had to comply to stall. :mad:

Halifax/BMidshires - Mortgage - £18000 - In process of beginning to sue for them selling the house (after REPO) below the market value. :mad:

I claimed and got back OD interest, I put it on a seperate sheet and included the total in my sum of charges. Read the FAQs too. Have u got internet banking? all your statements are on it. If you have your statements then u can pick through them with a yellow marker pen and then enter them into excell spread sheet.

Hello, its best to sit and read for a day or so, there is a FAQ section that is really helpful, but in the meantime..

1, yes, I am afraid so, I went through mine with a highlighter pen, any "TOTAL CHARGES" or returned DD charge etc also for a month when you have been charged, also add the interest they have charged you..

2, check out the library section, there is a very neat spreadsheet that helps you lay out your charges fully, including interest... it then also adds on the 8% from the date of the charge if it goes to court...

3, yes thats interest that you shouldn't have been charged, because in most cases it related to the unlawful charge...check that the interest is not a credit!!

Good luck!

HSBC

09th June 2006 - Data Protection Act Request

21st June 2006 - Acknowledgement from HSBC

30th June 2006 - 33 letters arrive - 6yrs statements

01st July 2006 - Preliminary request for £2868.24.

12th July 2006 - HSBC offered me £1995, I declined.

17th July 2006 - LBA sent, now £2970

01st August 2006 - MCOL for £3778 (inc 8% + fees)

08th August 2006 - HSBC defending ....

31st August 2006 - SETTLED IN FULL - Wooooooohoooooo.

Halifax

09th June 2006- Data Protection Act Request

22nd June 2006 - Acknowledgement from Halifax

08th July 2006 6yrs statements arrive.

10th July 2006 - Preliminary request for £1393.08.

21st July 2006 - Halifax offered £115, I declined..

24th July 2006 - LBA sent, now £1421.

08th August 2006 - MCOL for £1822 (inc 8% and fees)

16th August 2006 - SETTLED IN FULL - woooohoooo

There are 2 instances of interest you can claim:

1.When you go overdrawn the bank will charge you interest, perfectly lawfully.

However, if part of your overdraft is made up of penalty fees, they are also charging you interest on these too and it is this interest which you are entitled to claim back, but it's tricky to separate out from the total interest figure.

Vampiress has a spreadsheet, (the 2nd one), in the bank templates library, which attempts to calculate this

It's quite complex and unless your claim is large often doesn't amount to that much, so for simplicity's sake, some people don't bother

This is the interest referred to in the preliminary and LBA letters.

2. 8% interest on your claim, but only when you submit a claim at court. Don't add this interest before.moneyclaim

The schedule of charges is a list: type of charge, date, amount

Enter the charges and date in the spreadsheet, save it (ready for when you file at court), delete the last two columns (8% bits) and print out