Westcott Sending Doorstep Collectors

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5528 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hia,

Im a 21 year old student who has a £3600 debt with Natwest. I was dealing with depression at the time and agreed a repayment plan of £2 a month over a year and more ago. In January I attempted to make a full and final sttlement with Natwest but the rep on the phone said i would have to default on my £2 a month payments which I did. Then I wrote off making my final offer of £1200 which NatWEST rejected. However I had until the 20th of Feb to respond to their letter which I did, before that though, my account was handed over to WESTCOTT who have harrassd me since. There has been rude phonecalls and no one seems to acknowledge that passing my debt over to debt recovery is illegal as I was still in negotiation with Natwest and the time period had not expired. When Westcott phoned again my mum answerd and the rep was very rude, at this point I had enough and said I would only be communicating via letter. So I hear nothing, then again this week they are ringing my 16 year old step brother and advising they will be sending baliffs around. I AM ABSOLUTELY FUMING! How can I stop them. I have sent letters to Natwest advising them andf even a natwest rep concurred they were wrong. Also I recieved a notice of default of payment from Westcott saying I had agreed to pay £200 a month to themselves, which is absolute nonsense. Can I sue them for harassment? As it has meant my anxiety has flared up again and I have been suffering from panic attacks due to this as I have all my other debts under control. Please help :(

Firstly..relax!!!!!!!

Wescot have no legal powers whatsoever & are full of hot air.

Stop speaking to them on the phone/refuse to answer security questions & insist everything in writing only.

No bailiffs can turn up without county court approval 1st & even that is as a very last resort.

Report them to the OFT & trading standards.

Hi lilhopaholic101, If this is the first time you have had to deal with debt collection agencies it can be scary at first , but have a look around this site and you will find that Wescot are full of threats that they can't /don't carry out. Post up any concerns you have and you will find both lots of help and also many people in the same situation as yourself withon this group.

sleepingdog

Hi send them a copy of this I would also add that you will only comunicate with them when they start to be sensible with their communications and not send a load of garbage.

Dear xxxx

Account Ref xxxx

Please be advised that I will only communicate with you in writing. I have noted your repeated attempts to contact me by telephone over the past few weeks/months and these have been duly logged by time and date.

Furthermore, should it be your intention to arrange a “doorstep call”, please be advised that under OFT rules, you can only visit me at my home if you make an appointment and I have no wish to make an appointment with you.

There is only an implied license under English Common Law for people to be able to visit me on my property without express permission; the postman and people asking for directions etc (Armstrong v. Sheppard and Short Ltd [1959] 2 Q.B. per Lord Evershed M.R.). Therefore take note that I revoke license under Common Law for you, or your representatives to visit me at my property and if you do so, then you will be liable to damages for a tort of trespass and action will be taken, including but not limited to, police attendance.

Yours faithfully/sincerely

Send recorded, do not sign print your name and keep copies with your postal receipt.

dpick

Take a look at this thread and see how some of the more experienced CAG members deal with the DCA's.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/131409-cheekiness-towards-dca.html

It will take a while though as it's almost 3000 posts long. But it will soon make you realise how powerless they really are once you start to fight back at them. This thread has really helped a lot of people to overcome the stigma and fear that their grubby little industry holds over people. Oh, and you will end up laughing after the first few pages. :D

• Haha 1

These are video links to show how I deal with Debt Collectors.

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zPtzK8FqE6k&feature=related

Frederickson International don't accept my card type

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=eiZBULlWW6Q&feature=related

Thats the funniest things I have seen in ages! When they called my house this morning (I dont deal with them over the phone) I advised them that Jenna (Me) was here in body but not in spirit so sadly without my other half I really couldnt help them (Its not hilarious but it had me chuckling):p