Argos Laptop table/workstation problem

ckani
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5540 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Last saturday I bought a laptop workstation from argos, just what I had always been looking for. On Sunday, assembling was easy and took no more than 20 minutes, read all the instructions as well. I went out for a couple of hours and found my laptop on the floor (despite having rubber grips underneath). I thought this was a one-off.

When I got up for work this morning, the laptop had fallen on the floor once again. I tried to turn it on but it only displayed the blue screen of death and can not turn on anymore. I've had similar laptop problems in the past and know that this is the death of this machine. Most likely my data has also been wiped off.

I also purchased insurance with the table. I am not worried that much about the laptop table as it can be easily replaced.

Am I in my rights to ask Argos to fix/replace my laptop?

Here's what the tabl e looks like- Argos - www.argos.co.uk

Please advise. thanks in advance.

so what is on the base feet of the laptop?

is it rubber, are they clean?

TBH, i think its got nothing to do with the table.

if something is tilted, somethng will fall off!

as for the laptop, if its going as far as a BSOD, then the os is loading, most BSOD failures can normally be resolved by booting to safemode [F8 key after post beep/screen]

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

The table is meant to be tilted (have a look at the link above), there's no other way of assembling it.

Yes, the rubbers underneath are clean. I think the rubbers get slippery when the laptop is hot. I can't think of anything else. I foresee argos getting a lot of product returns on this product. Maybe they should have shaped the glass in a way that things won't slip off.

As for the BSOD, I am quite a computer geek and have done all that is possible to get it working again,safe-mode, booting from cd, etc......... now it wont even turn on.

I wanna get this sorted asap, as long as I don't lose out.

Please advise.

Guest Old_andrew2018

Hi I think you are going to have some real difficulty in claiming fom argos, the laptop fell/slipped from the table, it was left unattended.

Sorry

Andy