Can I claim compensation - car written off - park motor finance

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5551 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well I think some companies make a fortune out of us consumers some I'm trying to see if I can turn the tables a little

In Jan 07 I wrote off my car after an accident (no woman driver jokes please! :p) and as I was fully comp the insurance company asked Park Motor Finance for a settlement figure.

The Insurance company were given a settlement figure they paid Park directly and I recieved the remander - the princely sum of £85!!! woo hoo

Anyway I think nothing more of it until - I get a free trial of my credit report to see that Park Motor Finance have logged 4 late payments and a default on my credit report for £40.

Anyway I contact Park and they send the usual we are very sorry blah blah blah it was an error after your insurance company was late settling the account we have now asked Experian to remove this from your account and realise our error in reporting this......

So I then ask them about compensation as that has been on my account over 2 years and obviously would have been taken into account by other creditors looking at my file.

They have said no compensation as they say I have had no monetary loss - is there any precedents out there that says I claim compensation for what could have potentially affected my credit file over the last 2 years and that they have already admitted to be their error?

It has now been ammended on my credit file to no late payments and no default but part of me thinks thats beside the point if I hadn't checked it would have been on there for 6 years!

Any thoughts??

Unless you have been refused credit or services such as a mobile 'phone contract, or declined employment which requires a credit check such as an accountant, solicitor etc., I doubt whether you would succeed in a claim for compensation.

I have been denied a credit but they don't go into detail about why they just say credit scoring - obviously a default will have a negative impact on this score and as this was an incorrect default I think they have some liability for it.

• dx100uk changed the title to Can I claim compensation - car written off - park motor finance