British Gas Solicitors - Likely to go to Court?

Moebius
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5528 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I have been contacted about an old Gas/Electric debt that I make regular payments via a bank payment system.

I have written to the British Gas solicitors with offers of a fair (in my eyes)repayment plan for both accounts to be paid off fully in next 16 months. They have sent me a letter threatening to take me to court unless I pay it all in full.

I wondered how likely it was that someone like that would actually take me to court for 2 bills one under £100 and one under £200.

Regards

Moeb

Edited by Moebius
Missed a point.

It's always possible but generally letters like this are sent simply to scare you into paying the full amount.

State in your next letter that you are making a reasonable payment adjusted to your personal financial situation and that if they must take you to court to enforce their position you are willing to defend the action and confer upon the court to accept your token payments.

Try to please financial hardship if you are experiencing it because it will mean they have to consider your request; they can't make you pay what you can't afford and a court would understand this.