***** Dormant/Quiet Creditors - Leave ALONE or Chase them Up? ******

A+
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5550 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone, firstly sorry for opening so many threads and asking so many questions.

I have opened this thread after a whole week on my living room floor with STACKS of papers i didn't know i had kept from the past 2-4 years. I have several threads running (as if you didn't know :) ) with many issues with creditors. I have recently heard that where a VALID and enforceable Credit agreement appears to exist (in copy form at least), a past DEFAULT NOTICE may help in ditching the alleged debt and the DCAs associated with it.

Is this true? can a DN cause a debt to be unenforceable?

My main question is this...

In trawling through all these papers i found in a box in my shed (thought i threw them all away a long time ago) i have found a good paper trail with most creditors going back around 4 years in some cases. In several of these cases, i have issues of DEFAULT NOTICES. However, some of these creditors/DCAs have not contacted me for a long time, well over a year in some cases.

SHOULD I CONTACT THEM TO START THE ARGUMENTS OVER CCAs OR JUST LET THEM LIE?

Hope someone can advise. Half my mind says forget em, you are 1/6th of the way to being statute barred, and the other half of my mind says chase them up and sort your life out, and credit file too :)

Just touting for votes on what to do here!

Many thanks as always to the best consumer rights forum in the world!

The financial system is collapsing, time to raise a glass to the end of the biggest pyramid scheme in history - The Debt Industry :whoo:

if you have not moved or changed your details in this time

it might well be an idea to get your CRA file.

that way it might show what issues are waiting there to stop you prgressing your future credit.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks everyone. Sounds like a plan. I just hate things lurking, and in some ways would rather hit a court battle now and know in a year or two it will be behind me, but at the same time, i totally don't need this cra* right now so i will do as you all say for now and for some time to come.

Regarding the CRA file, i managed to get a copy around a year ago, and what a bloody NIGHTMARE it was too. This is because of address issues i have which i won't go into, suffice to say my creditors don't have my real living address, they have a mailing address around 30 miles away where my post gets forwarded on. Saves a lot of agro and so long as i don't avoid contact with anyone (i always respond to letters) i don't see this being a problem. But it is when you want a copy of your CRA file. Because the company registers where the check request came from and thus i was scared of doing it.

I know Fist Direct and others have issued DN to me before, and i know they have screwed up my credit file in a big way. hence the reason i suggested contacting them to sort it out one way or another

The financial system is collapsing, time to raise a glass to the end of the biggest pyramid scheme in history - The Debt Industry :whoo:

DO NOT get ur credit file and DO NOT contact them.

Many ppl including me have found that once u get the credit file i will be getting junk mail advertising loans to help u with ur credit write off, if the credit file is shot, or loans to help u by the unimportant things in life, like the 50 inch wide screen tv u just dont need.

you willalso here that once u have applied for the cf then dca will start to contact you. I did and soon after that found CAG and got the help i needed. Now i have not got any dcas and all dcas i have challenged have gone away on a cca request.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Thanks and good for you Fairy Godmother :D