Greasy palms (a cashback site)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5606 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I found a cashback site that actually looks some good. The idea is if you sign up or apply for anything online, you go through a link on this site and they give you part of the referer/advertising fee straight back to you.

The site is:

xxxxxxxxx

The main catch is you must earn 25 pounds before you get an actual cheque but..

I signed up today and applied for a new amex card, if sucessfull I get 15 pounds in my account. Pretty generous I think considering the card has no fee and it costs me nothing to try except maybe a check on my credit record (standard practise).

They also start your account off with 2.50 for the effort of signing up which is quick to do by the way.

I found out about the site from Ciao where I write reviews and fill out surveys for a small money incentive much like above, sign up to ciao from the above site and they even give you a little back. Another good one to do straight away is the dvd offer with screenselect which is 7 pounds back. Ive had a free trial with them so I couldnt do it but they are actually a good company and provide the backing to Tesco's dvd rental for example.

If you found the above usefull and if its ok with this forums mods please click this link here to sign up with (if you decide to):

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Earns me a referer fee basically, much obliged ta :) If you prefer not to, use the link above

If your worried about spammail from the above site and ones it links to, have a look at Welcome to GishPuppy - The free disposable email addressing service. who offer a very easy to use (free) service to shield your real email address from spammers.

Anytime you get a problem with spam, you discard the email alias and create another while retaining your original email address just the same :)

Edited - referrer links not permitted

22nd Sept MCOL filed vs smile bank :!:

27th Sept LBA amount paid by smile

6th Oct Full MCOL amount paid by smile

Result = :D

Sorry about the referrer link being against the rules, I still recommend it and I'll update it when or if I get that 25 quid cheque just for buying stuff I would do anyway :)

Er, I thought it was established that it was not the done thing to refer to cashback sites on here. I'm a member of several, and can highly recommend them (and not just for the referral commission) but I don't think this forum allows it.

I only mouth my opinion, please look elsewhere for sensible advice! :)

• 3 months later...

Im updating this just to show that I got the money back and Ive cashed a cheque for £31 now, I should be getting a similar sized cheque in the future too. Total expenditure for this has been zero :)

If you need any hints feel free to pm me

• 2 weeks later...

I saw a Greasy Palms post it note stuck on front of a free local paper delivered to our door. Being a big cynic I typed the website in to check it out and my Spyware Doctor program refused access to the site. Did a google to find that it's treated as spyware by a lot of anti-spyware companies.

23/05/06 DPA Sent to Halifax

I Love You All :D

Im updating this just to show that I got the money back and Ive cashed a cheque for £31 now, I should be getting a similar sized cheque in the future too. Total expenditure for this has been zero :)

If you need any hints feel free to pm me

Am I missing something important here?

I've always believed in the maxims "There's no such thing as a free lunch" and "You never get nothing for nothing in this life"!!

Jimbo 44 - always happy to help, but always willing to learn from being corrected too!!! Whilst any advice given may be based upon personal experience, please always be sure you seek guidance from a professional in the particular field.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark, but a large group of professionals built the Titanic.

A 'click' on the scales is always appreciated if I have helped. Many Thanks!

I suspect you probably are then Jimbo. These cashback sites are only just gaining in popularity but i've been a member of one of the biggest for over a year now and have had over £400 cashback. Some people earn thousands!!!

Basically how they work is you get cashback everytime you shop simply by ordering through the cashback site, e.g. get 4% off at Boots (as cashback) or get £10 when you sign up for the AA, but the real beauty is you get this ON TOP of whatever offers the retailer might have.

The best thing is you get free money for example simply by ordering a brochure without any obligation to buy anything (£2 earlier in the year for ordering a Fiat brochure!!! ) or by switching bank accounts - I got £20 cashback earlier this year by opening a savings account with cahoot with no requirement to save regularly and just a £1 deposit required. No brainer!

Members also post special offers and misprices - how about a Dell printer for £9.99 or a mobile phone with £30 credit for £30 and £2.50 cashback???? Just two of the offers available earlier this year!

I know we're not allowed to push these on here but these sites do work, basically you get commission back on things you buy just as CAG would get commission back if you bought anything from the links on the left, similar principle except with cashback sites you don't necessarily have to buy anything!

• 6 months later...

in my experience GReasy palm do nothing but rip you off.

ive been waiting over 6 months now for a cashback of £65 for taking out my barclay insurance, the only excuse i get is they are having trouble tracking my cashback.

i have provided them with all info possible and they can tell from my click history that i visited teh barclay site through their own link, and still n joy.

sorry to grumble but i reckon if you are reccomending someone for somethign then they deserve to know the bad bits as well.

• 3 weeks later...

I have to admit I had no problems with greasypalm, I used to use them when you used to receive cash back from ebay it was great, I still use them every so often and I would say NO they don't rip you off well they haven't me in 4 years anyway :)

sorry to grumble but i reckon if you are reccomending someone for somethign then they deserve to know the bad bits as well.

Watch this space ;-)

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------

I used Greasy until i had a commission reversed.

They are good sites to use and are of course free. What you dont see is what happens in the background, they get a commission and pass on a percent to you, i market various products myself and earn some good commissions.

Itw ould be nice to receive 100% commission and ask for donations like here.

Im due to receive another cheque from these guys shortly, about 50 quid. Most of that came from renewing my car insurance through them.

You have to be very carefull with tracking, Ive had no massive problems but I do have sometimes ask what happened here. The amount Ive lost to bad tracking is about 5 quid, it was luckly just small offers that they could give me no answer to.

Another time I missed out on 15 pounds because greasy said the retailer refused to acknowledge the referal. They wont pay out if they dont get the money themselves obviously. In that case I wasnt annoyed as I used to have account with the company and I think they just renewed a dormant account and so nobody gets commision then.

Ive used greasy mainly and I'm giving you guys a thumbs up on them still. Quidco do seem competetive, Im still waiting for my cash to come through. I havent used them even half as much but first impressions are they are slower.

I did a very nice credit card application cashback thing back in may for 20 pounds and though its been confirmed and validated even, the actual cashback has not been paid and is no where near getting to me.

Greasypalm would take about 2 months to pay, a trackback at the end of may would validate in june and be paid at the start of july.

Other related sites I can recommend would be Ciao who do surveys and pay you to review products you have bought.

The surveys are time consuming but they'll eventually pay you cold hard cash just for saying what you like or not. Good for people who would fill out those useless questionaire things you get in magazines I reckon.

You wont get rich off this site.

Valuedopinions is another site that pays for surveys. Instead of cash they give you vouchers which doesnt sound great but I got a 10 quid tesco pay card I can use for anything including petrol so thats fine by me.

Again you wont earn big bucks here and the surveys are time consuming.

All the sites will play off of your credit score and other demographic statistics about yourself. Part of it is partly luck wether its worth the bother or not but they are all genuine imo.

I havent tried rpoints, I'll take a look :)

• 2 weeks later...

That's all very well but it depends on the quote you get - LloydsTSB just happened to be the most expensive of eight quotes I obtained, and by some distance - the next dearest was over £100 cheaper and the one I settled for - which wasn't the cheapest - was over £300 cheaper, almost half the price LloydsTSB gave me.

The cashback site I use is better, £5 for joining and they will MATCH any other site for cashback including Quidco and have far more to offer - no £5 annual fee like Quidco for starters.

If anybody is interested PM me for details.

• 2 weeks later...

Greasypalm didnt send me a cheque because I had a problem with emails over 2 days. Bounced email means they dont send the cheque. Fixed my email and hoping to get the cheque - a month later :/

Another good site is Pigsback

You can earn points for just looking at others and even more points when you take up an other.

It has hotel sites, electrical sites and most things you would buy on a regular basis.

You dont get money but vouchers for places like boots, arcadia group (topshop, burtons etc), wine cases, sports clubs, hotels,

My wife and I use this regualry and we have recicved over £50 in vouchers and NOT taken up any others.

Pigsback gets my vote

i'm with both pigsback and greasy palm-would thoroughly recommend both-just received cheque for £53 today for taking car insurance and rspca pet insurance

lloyds S.A.R -sent 04/04/200

statements received 11/05/2007

prelim-14/05/2007 -£4987

lba-30/05/2007

n1-20/07/2007

Co-Op prelim sent-20/04/2007-£136.50

settled in full

goldfish prelim-27/06/2007

capital one -deemed served -01/07/2007

settlement without cci offered 17/07/2007

halifax prelim-17/07/2007

aqua--prelim-13/07/2007

welcome-prelim-30/06/2007

lba-14/07/2007

• 2 months later...

Thoroughly recommend quidco. Have heard of someones paying £97 for their house insurance and getting £100 cash back.

Received nearly £500 in the last couple of months just by buying house and car insurance policies. I alway check out the comparison websites first before buying. I reckon I save close on £1000 per year for just a few minutes extra work.