Got turned down for a step account! No parachute!!

strapt
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6515 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just got turned down for a basic acc. with Nast West and Ive already sent off my SAR letter! Shall I just try another bank - wont they just say the same thing? Any recomendations or advice?

Great! Online sounds much better!! I got totally grilled by the Nat West person when I thought it was gonna be a sail! Thanks, Ill give that a go tonight.

I got turned down too for a step account - so I applied for a Nationwide flex account on line and it was accepted, just waiting for my Electron card (!) to come through.......damn, and i thought Solo was another term for "i am not allowed a switch card" ;)

HSBC £5600 : Paid in Full 31/8

HSBC £4700 : Paid in Full 05/09

MBNA £1780 : Paid in Full 8/11

Smile £2400 :Paid in Full 17/11

RBOS £200 : Prelim 11/10

I'll glad someone else had trouble. The woman told me the Natwest step account was mainly for asylum seekers! I should have asked her if being an exile from a tyrannical bank that enforced unspeakable and illegal charges was the same!!

I just got turned down for a Flex account! Help! I applied online, I answered all the questions honestly declaring my HSBC account too. My income is fairly low at the moment i guess. Do you think its anything to do with these factors?

Just a bit worried about getting turned down for that aswell now! did you declare your HSBC account? when asked if i wanted to use the new account as my main account and transfer everything over i said no. is it that maybe? Really cant thin what else it could be.

Hi strapt,

Co-op are very good OR their other online arm Smile welcomed me with open arms!

Try both, you've nothing to lose :)

--------------------------------------------------------------

HSBC

Settled in FULL on 8/8/06 - £3619.53

:D

CAPITAL ONE

Settled in Full on 6/9/06 - £84.76

ABBEY NATIONAL (Old N&P Mortgage)

Settled In Full on 2/3/07 - £307.13

SPML

*Court Case Withdrawn - family illness*

MORTGAGES PLC

*Court Case Withdrawn - family illness*

Hey Strapt,

Don't worry, there are lot's of other banks to try. I know AbbeY National and Halifax both do basic accounts. Telling them about your HSBC account shouldnt make any difference, they will be able to see your details from your credit reference anyway.

Maybe the post office do an account?

I have just applied for a co-op basic account, it takes a few days to heard from them though so I dont know how strict they are.

good luck :O)

good luck

my credit rating is sh1t so i was surprised that you got turned down for the Flex account......anyway I agree, there are plenty of banks out there and one of them will give you an account, might take a bit of looking. Post office should help if anyone???

HSBC £5600 : Paid in Full 31/8

HSBC £4700 : Paid in Full 05/09

MBNA £1780 : Paid in Full 8/11

Smile £2400 :Paid in Full 17/11

RBOS £200 : Prelim 11/10

Hiya,

I went to the Co-op and opened a Cashminder account. Very basic account and had no problems. Apparently they are slightly more ethical thank other banks so I went with them. Hope that helps. x

My opinions are just that, I will help if I can but I am NOT a professional. If in doubt seek legal advice.

READ THE FAQ'S BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION! THEY ARE THERE FOR A REASON! AS IS THE USER-GUIDE!

My active claims:

Owed £150 from Barclays.

Husbands claims:

Owed £1049 from Lloyds.

Glorious Victories!:

Barclays Joint Account- Settled £823.

HSBC Joint account-Settled £50.

Studio- Settled £80.

HSBC Student account- Settled £560.

Lloyds Credit Card- Settled £72.

Freemans- Settled £40.

Abbey Joint Account- Settled £330.

Waiting till all claims settled then Donation-A-Rama.

Just wanted to point out that applying to several banks WILL effect your credit rating in a detrimental way, so be careful about not applying for too many accounts.

The other thing I wanted to say was ..... I am SURE that the government brought out new legislation (perhaps last year) to say that banks HAD to offer some kind of basic banking facilities regardless of credit rating.

I will go and try and find some details for you but in the meantime if anyone else can help with this please let us know.

Dydie

Hey Dydie, and everyone. Thanks for your replies! Yeah i haven't applied for any since. Also the first one (of 2 that have turned me down), Natwest didnt even check my credit rating (i dont think) just said that they didnt want to offer me a new account and advised me to open a new basic account with HSBC.

Ill try another online one though and if that doesnt work, the post office, and if they both say no, then i'll really start to worry!

I got turned down too for a step account - so I applied for a Nationwide flex account on line and it was accepted, just waiting for my Electron card (!) to come through.......damn, and i thought Solo was another term for "i am not allowed a switch card" ;)
You wont get an electron card from nationwide, if you've only got the basic flexaccount!