Glenn Vs Abbey

Glenn UK
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5536 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

dicky

do you have your own thread to post these questions in rather thanhijacking this one?

It will be helpful to you in the long run because people can see what youve done and what issues are involved.

HTH

glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Where were you? Next time please

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

Abbey 2nd claim, two Accs - claim issued 30-03-07

Barclaycard - Settled cheque received

Egg 2 accounts ID sent 29/07

Co-op Claim issued 30-03-07

GE Capital (Store Cards) ICO says theyve been naughty

MBNA - Settled in Full

GE Capital (1st National) Settled

Lombard Bank - SAR sent 16.02.07

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

Well, well, well.

Guess what came in the post this morning?

Nope not a cheque for the fees but a nice little note from Ms Kirkman, she has been instructed, apparently, to incur no more costs on this claim and they are going to pay my costs in full.

Funny thing is, why don't i believe that its for 'commercial' reasons?

Could it be that their behaviour was likely to get the Judge hopping mad, again, and possibly award higher costs because id been to conservative?

Who knows, anyway they have promised to pay £822.79 which is composed of court fees (350) and a lot of letters, time postage etc.

Funny thing is after their letter saying they wouldn't pay i went through the CPR and then revised my schedule based on that and put in things i hadn't before.

After rationalisation ready for court it came to £865.00 so its lucky for them they settled now i think.

Oh and they haven't sent the cheque and since they have had 28 days already i will write to the court asking for a consent order for the costs plus removal of the default since they haven't confirmed that they will remove it from all CRAs records they use.

Ill do this Monday if the chequer doesn't arrive and copy my dear friend Inga.

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

MBNA - Settled in Full

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

Glenn well done you!!! Gald that came together in the end for you!!!

Enjoy your win - I hope your cheque arrives very soon

Can you please show me what you were going to use as your revised costs or link me to where you found that please as it will be really useful to know this stuff for later - thanks.

I am a bit unsure of how much to add into costs etc.. (feel cheeky adding anything in there)

WELL DONE!!

don't know anything about this but isnt a consent order when you have already obtained the consent of the defendant to the order requested? I know theyve agreed by letter to pay but does that add up to the same thing?

excellent result anyway Glenn. he he he.

WELL DONE - GLENN, glad that they saw sense and will give you what you have asked for, after all if they had not taken the money unlawfully, and since they put you to a lot of trouble in getting your money refunded I think it is only fair that this should cost them, shame it was not more!!!!.

DS

Well Done, Glenn!!!!!!!

I hope to have some news for you with regards to my claim very soon. I'm just waiting for James to get back to me on what, hopefully, is a final proposal by myself to the shABBEY and allow them to settle my claim early! I've been negotiating for a few weeks now, my wife and a couple of the children are not too well, I also don't want to spend too much of my time on this claim any more, and if they don't accept my final proposal, I'll see them in court!

Phil:-)

This is only my personal, honest opinion!

don't know anything about this but isnt a consent order when you have already obtained the consent of the defendant to the order requested? I know theyve agreed by letter to pay but does that add up to the same thing?

excellent result anyway Glenn. he he he.

I was under the impression that a consent order is ismply an order made by them where the two parties have agreed to do something.

I will simply write and ask fi the court will make an order bearing in mind the defendant has consented to the items mentioned therein with copies of correspondence where necessary.

HTH

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

MBNA - Settled in Full

Glenn Vs MBNA

So what's next Glenn!!

The rest of the charges from this account, I did ask the barrister at the AQ hearing and subsequently wrote to my friend Inga, she said that they wouldn't negotiate unless it was in litigation.

And i have a joint account to sort out with abbey too.

Glenn

More of the same I'm afraid, hopefully i wont make the mistake i made re CI again

Kick the shAbbey Habit

MBNA - Settled in Full

Glenn Vs MBNA

The rest of the charges from this account, I did ask the barrister at the AQ hearing and subsequently wrote to my friend Inga, she said that they wouldn't negotiate unless it was in litigation.

And i have a joint account to sort out with abbey too.

Glenn

More of the same I'm afraid, hopefully i wont make the mistake i made re CI again

You have more experience now, Good Luck

DS

..... he's certainly on my buddy list when it comes to needing advice !!

BTW: Congrats Glenn !!

All opinions and advice I offer are purely my own, and are offered without any liability. If unsure seek the help of a licensed professional

...just because something's in print doesn't mean its true.... just look at you Banks T&C's for example !

Excellent news Glenn. We got £250 in costs and Inga told me there was no way she could go any higher. She was obviously economical with the truth once again!

The cheque did follow quickly afterwards so it should be in your hands soon. I assume the default was also removed. So all round, a very good job done.

Excellent news Glenn. We got £250 in costs and Inga told me there was no way she could go any higher. She was obviously economical with the truth once again!

The cheque did follow quickly afterwards so it should be in your hands soon. I assume the default was also removed. So all round, a very good job done.

Its an interesting comment from Inga. The costs of the winning party are not determined by a level set by the losing party. Im sure you know this, but in case you dont there is a CPR which sets out what you can claim and how much, I'll try to lok out the reference but basically its 9.25 per hour, standard lettersd are charged at 6 minutes per letter, standard letters in are not charged but file perusal is and so if you need to go thorugh the file or somehting as a result then you can charge.

HTH

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

MBNA - Settled in Full

Glenn Vs MBNA

I tried to claim the amount of time it took to research the legislation and she said the Abbey should not have to pay for this. We could have got a professional to do the work for a lot less cost and her 'boss' said anything over £200 and they would go to court. The court would then ask for the costs to be assessed or something like that and there was no way the court would award a higher amount. I talked her up to £250 and we accepted. I thought she was being dishonest at the time but at least we got something out of them.

You did make some comments about it in our thread

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/73124-joneshousehold-abbey-2.html

I just want to keep this fresh in peoples minds because Inga and her crew are likely to keep on churning out these comments if we don't challenge them. By posting as often as possible, more people get to see the comments we make and can rehearse the arguments in case they get caught in the same situation.

Good on you for getting so much out of them. It makes me feel so much better!

The definitive claimer of costs is

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-cahoot-successes/19778-teebum-abbey.html

post #461 onwards, so I don't know where ICK gets her 250 quid from

All advice offered here is my opinion only based on what I would do in a given situation. If you wish to act on it you do so at your own discretion

I have no legal expertise or qualification, and give advice on the basis of my own experience and nothing else.

The definitive claimer of costs is

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-cahoot-successes/19778-teebum-abbey.html

post #461 onwards, so I don't know where ICK gets her 250 quid from

LOL

thanks for that, i guess i shall get my coat then, I only got 470 for time, postage and copying, damn.

GLenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

MBNA - Settled in Full

Glenn Vs MBNA

Some people have asked how i got my costs below is a schedule, its slightly different to the one i submitted to Abbey.

The one i submitted had some things in which they objected to (e.g. standard letters i had received at 6.75) so after they complained i reviewed it to make sure i couldn't be criticised for claiming something i had not.

By the same token there were things i had not included hence this revised schedule. if Abbey had not agreed to pay my costs in full this was to be sent to the court to support my claim.

I spoke with one of our wonderful mods last night and she willupload the spreadsheet hopefully yo day if she gets a chance, sorry for the delay folks

Please ask any questions and ill try to help.

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

MBNA - Settled in Full

Glenn Vs MBNA