Be Aware

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5559 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all just to let you now if you are sending by 1st class recorded(£1.08 its taking up to 2 weeks:mad: i have checked a letter i sent on the 6march its saying still in transit i have never had any trouble before letters have always reach the destination with in 4days is this a new thing?

Edited by Dorabell
spelling

Hi all just to let you now if you are sending by 1st class recorded(£1.08 its taking up to 2 weeks:mad: i have checked a letter i sent on the 6march its saying still in transit i have never had any trouble before letters have always reach the destination with in 4days is this a new thing?

hi i would check this with royal mail and complain it shouldnt take longer than 3 days 1st class recorded,

I've recently had 2 x rec. del. letters go astray completely, never to be seen again. Perhaps the Royal Mail machinery is hungry?!

I claimed compensation but it's v. annoying when you anticipate the arrival of a letter.

Any knowledge I possess or advice I proffer is based solely on my experiences in the University of Life. Please make your own assessment of legality, risks & costs before taking any action.

No, it's quite common for recorded delivery letters not be signed for. Quite often they are actually delivered - and you have proof of posting.

I've had three letters in the last few weeks where there is no record of delivery. Two of these are supposedly still sitting in the Post Office where I posted them!

The recorded delivery system is not particularly reliable. Special delivery is of course much better - but hideously expensive.

I really do appreciate all those 'thank you' emails - I'm glad I've been able to help. Apologies if I haven't acknowledged all of them.

You can also ding my gong if you prefer. :)

I've had similar problems..sent out 7 by recorded on 27th Feb...two still not signed for. Just a thought, but how does it work the other way..two responses I've had so far from the banks were NOT sent to me by Recorded, and one ended up at a neighbours. How do they prove I received it?:)

No, it's quite common for recorded delivery letters not be signed for. Quite often they are actually delivered - and you have proof of posting.

I've had three letters in the last few weeks where there is no record of delivery. Two of these are supposedly still sitting in the Post Office where I posted them!

The recorded delivery system is not particularly reliable. Special delivery is of course much better - but hideously expensive.

Hi same as me i have 2 letters saying still sitting at the post office i posted them the 6th march i have rang the royal mail they say to leave another couple of days i said i was not very happy with the service but they just try to fob you off:mad: i will think about sending by special delivery next time which does work out very expensive when you a few letters to send

Just a thought, but how does it work the other way..two responses I've had so far from the banks were NOT sent to me by Recorded, and one ended up at a neighbours. How do they prove I received it?:)

They can't - which is why when a creditor claims in court that a default notice was sent, pod should always be insisted on. ;-)

Any knowledge I possess or advice I proffer is based solely on my experiences in the University of Life. Please make your own assessment of legality, risks & costs before taking any action.