CCA received - enforceable? First one - help please!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2931 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Another letter received from Apex. They say they will pass the details to their 'international law practice to commence proceedings'. Anyone else been in this situation with this lot?

They have not replied to the letter I sent them but then again they continue to use the wrong postage and fail to name the country the letter is intended for!

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Another letter received from Apex. They say they will pass the details to their 'international law practice to commence proceedings'. Anyone else been in this situation with this lot?

They have not replied to the letter I sent them but then again they continue to use the wrong postage and fail to name the country the letter is intended for!

branches in Rome, Paris, New York and Peckham, no doubt!!

I think, like a lot of these credit management companies, that they have very little or no power. They only make their money from having a premium telephone line and naturally expect you to call them back disputing their correspondence. I'm guessing here but I should imagine it will be a 10 minute hold before you get through to the correct person..........if they exist. 10 minute hold at premium rate .........better than debt collecting.

Just my simple view:):D

scrible, I'm sure that you are right that they make money out of premium call numbers but what's worse is they do make money out of vulnerable people who believe they must make arrangements to pay because they have got into difficulties and have not discovered CAG or researched there legal rights somewhere else. This makes the 'credit management' industry particularly lucrative at the moment with so many people who have financial problems. The answer is to promote CAG!

Exchange, I totally agree. My post was not meant to be flipant. I was trying to show how devious these companies are with regard to their main source of income,which is derived not from collecting debts but from making as much as possible from other means. In other words, they will go to ANY end to confuse, deceive, misrepresent,and misinterpret in order to take advantage of people, vulnerable or not, by enticing them to part with as much money as possible in ANY way possible.

The promotion of CAG goes without saying.

Apex have sent me their CCL number so the lesson learned is that the OFT search facility is pants as they did not appear on it by putting in the company name!

They say they are going to get M&S to confirm they are authorised to try to collect.

What they are going to collect is a problem as food comes higher up the list of priorites!

• 1 month later...

Apex called today on home number despite me telling them I would only communicate in writing and I've still had no confirmation that they are authorised by M&S to deal with anything, despite them writing and confirming they would get M&S to write to me.

I know others have come to the same conclusion, but what is the point of writing to these idiots as they clearly do not take any notice of the content?

Hi dd, I'm not sure if truecall works with phone systems outside the UK. I am able to recognise which calls not to answer and have never spoken to a DCA yet!

gotcha!

not sure if it works on continental systems

its made in japan or china so a fair bet it will

Right I've finally received a reply as follows;

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you.

trueCall is officially only a UK product, but we do have some units on trial in Spain, and they seem to be working fine. Manuals and menus are in English, but customers can record the caller-facing prompts in Spanish themselves.

We do have a few more evaluation units available for 150 euros (including a memory card and postage) if this is still of interest to them.

Best regards

Steve

If you are still interested you can contact him direct at; online@steve-smith.com

Apex have sent me another of their standard begging letters. Still nothing from M&S to confirm they have passed the account to them. Ignoring with a very large capital I!!

Apex continue with the same repeated letters. Still nothing from M&S as promised by Apex to confirm M&S have authorised them to collect or that the alleged debt has been assigned to Apex.

Ignoring!!:p

HI EXCHANGE

i have just read thr all yr various posts re m&s and they have made me feel considerably better! similar things are currently happening with me and m&s.

i first signed up for a m&s charge card back in oct 1997 with £500 limit.then in 2003 i suddenly got a mastercard with a £4500 limit - without my asking/signing for it!

due to me having my first child, relationship breakdown etc - the debt mounted up. i requested a copy of org credit agreement and they sent me one thr that i clearly did not complete (not my handwriting and my first name spelt wrong) but best of all - MY SIG WAS FORGED BY THEM! anyway, i (like you) have been back and forth with them and am receiving very similar letters to you!

i also suddenly started getting letters from Rockwell DCA and i had and still do not have a letter from m&s telling me they are selling my debt. i am now receiving letters from m&s and the dca for the same debt.

i SAR requested m&s and they wanted my signature - i refused. and on saturday i received a whole wad of statements that you need a degree to understand with all the codes on them! a 3 page code explanation, however, the majority of codes i have looked up are not on this code index!

and enclosed with all this was a reconstructed credit agreement which was different from the one they had already sent to me with a forged sig on it!

also enclosed was a letter saying that even tho they had sent me all these stmts and all various nasty letters etc in past - they were not willing to release any other data until my sig authorised it as rest of data held is "too sensitive"!! where in the data prot act does it state you can release half of the data but not the rest?! me thinks they are hiding something!

i called the info comm office today and lady said that i had a valid complaint and i shd officially make it to them so they can look into it... interesting dont you think?

i wonder what your and everyone elses views are on my case?

many thanks. x:rolleyes:

:cheer2: Pretty Princess Charlie :cheer2:

Hi prettyprincesscharlie,

Must have taken ages to read through it all! There is one factor which makes my scenario slighltly different to most in that I am not in the UK. Not that it seems to make much difference with the way it is all handled by M&S or the DCA's as they seem incapable of understanding much. If you have an obviously forged signature from them then they really are in deep doodoo! If it gets to court, though, as has been the case many times now there is no guarantee of anything so make sure you read as much as possible and understand what you are up against. All the best.

Exchange