Any Advice ??

wodger7
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5559 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I good friend of mine lost his licence nearly six years ago ( DR10 ), anyway rightly or wrongly he kept this to himself. Now the company he works for has asked to see all employees driving licences, it would probably mean instant dismissal for him having this conviction on his license. He deeply regrets what he did and does not know what to do now , especially in todays current employment situation.

any advice ?

I think you are jumping a little to conclusions wheeler, On reading the OP again it sounds to me like the license was reinstated, but the offence code will still be listed, and stays on the license for 10-11 years.

The question is, have the company asked about driving offences on your license?

If the answer is yes and you have lied - then it is possible they will discipline you for not telling the truth (I personally might be persuaded that this would amount to gross misconduct but would have to take advice as my insurance would be affected)

If the answer is NO and this is the first time they have asked you for your license then the company is at fault, as they should have had sight of your license before they allowed you to drive one of their vehicles.

The bottom line is he will have to produce his license and hope for the best.

I would be intereted in the outcome of this.

I agree with both replies.

Driving ( or attempting to ) under the influence is a very foolish, illegal and downright dangerous thing to do.

Yes as wheeler states, 99% of employers would dismiss as soon as they found out because they themselves are liable if that driver is pulled over by the police and is caught out.

As flyingdoc states, his employer should really have safeguards in place to stop this happening. I,ll give you an example of what happens at my place of work.

Each January, all drivers, ( HGV, normal car licence, road sweepers, etc etc ) are informed by letter that the transport office wants to inspect the licences for points, medical add-ons etc. ( we each have a permit off them to drive the vehicles we use but only if our licences are legal ) At the foot of the letter, you are informed that if your licence is not handed in to your line manager / supervisor BEFORE that date, your permit will be refused and you will not be allowed to drive.

As far as i am aware, a DR10 stays with the offender for eleven years, so he might as well face the music and get it over with.

Please note that although my advice is offered, you should consult your legal representative before taking ANY action.

have a nice day !!