Traffic Ticket Advice

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5548 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all,

Back in november 2008 I went for a job interview and had to park in a pay and display parking bay.

This bay was right next to the exit of the car park and

as I was reversing in this caused a slight delay in White Van Man getting out of the car park.

His response was the two fingered salute followed by some verbal abuse.

We had a heated exhange and then we both went on our merry way.

Coming out of the interview and returning to the car it suddenly dawned on me that the arguent had totally distarcted me from buying a ticket.

However, there was no notifcation on my car about any penalty. Lucky escpae or so I thought.

In January a letter arrived saying I had not paid a parking fine on time and the penalty was to be increased from £25 to £50.

I wrote back saying I had not recieved any parking tickets and could they please send proof and I would pay the £25 fee.

In February I recieved another letter saying I had failed to pay and now owed £75.

This time I emailed them and said I had not recieved a ticket,

I had written in and asked for proof and recieved nothing.

I said that if I recieved proof I would pay the origional £25 fee.

Today I recieved proof but the letter I also recieved says that I have to pay the £75 within 14 days.

I'm happy to pay the £25 pound. I did forget to pay the ticket.

However, I assume some little scrote took the ticket off my windscreen thinking it would be funny

and as such I dont feel I should be penalised for that.

Is there anything I can do?

Sorry cant scan anything.

They didnt respond to my first letter. They claim they didnt recieve it. They did respond to my e-mail.

Also, included in the letter, they have enclosed a copy of a parking ticket relating to another driver. I doubt this helps me out, but i thought i would mention it.

The ticket was from the Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead.

The ticket is a perfectly valid and i'm happy to pay the initial £25 fine. Its the extra charges for late payment I dont want to pay because I think its unfair to have to pay these when I didnt know about the ticket in the first place and then queried it when the first penalty fee was applied.

The council issued the ticker I believe

Also, they have sent me a copy of the ticket but it is the wrong ticket, for an entirely different car on an entirely different day.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok this is where we are at.

The company sent through a rejection letter and a ticket that was not for my car.

I responded and said I had not recieved what I had asked for.

They responded by e-mail with the rejection letter and pictures of the car with a yellow ticket on the screen, but no actual ticket.

This is the corrospondance I have had.

Me to them...

A letter of rejection? so you are rejecting my request for evidence? That's all I asked for.

I have not received any ticket from you and still require proof, at which time I will pay any original penalty imposed. I will not pay extra fees because you have consistently failed to provide me with evidence of any wrong doing.

Failure to provide this evidence will result in me not paying any penalty. If you wish to take this to court, please do so. I will happily stand in front of a magistrate with the correspondence I have had with you and explain why I wont pay a parking penalty you have not proven I receieved.

Them to me...

Please find attached a screen shot of rejection letter that was sent to your registered address.

Please note that penalty charge notice that you are in possession for is a civil matter and will not be heard before magistrates court. As explained in above letter penalty will remain at £75.00 and if full payment is not received case will be registered as a debt and passed to bailiffs.

I hope this explains the situation.

Kind regards,

Administrative Assistant

Parking

RBWM

4th Floor- York Stream House

St Ives Road

Maidenhead

SL6 1RF

01628 683880

parking@rbwm.gov.uk

If this is a civil penalty - is it enforceable?

I can stick two fingers up at the bailiffs all day long, but what can they do to my car?

Could certainly use some good advice here as the penalty will jsut keep growing and growing otherwise.

not enforceable.

bailiff's not even part of the [problem]. have a good read on here.

ignore the PPC from now on.

rbwm is Royal Borough of Windsor & Maindenhead. Surely that makes it a council ticket which could reach bailiff stage through the TEC if not resolved beforehand?

Its a council ticket.

I dont mind paying the damn ticket if they can produce it. I do mind paying the extra charges. How hard is it to send me the actuall ticket ???

My apologies. You are correct.

At Adjudication councils have to produce a 'copy' of the PCN - not some screenshot of something else. if they don't produce then they lose. IF they can't produce one now can they do it adjudication ?

Is this rejection to your formal reps to the NTO ?