Bank Default - HSBC - Student Overdraft

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5592 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Everyone,

I have been reading through a few of these topics and need to post one of my own to get a more direct advice.

I took out a Student Overdraft with HSBC in 2005 (My local branch - warrington) when I went to University at Liverpool John Moores.

After having the account for several months, as a student I had entered into my £1250 interest free overdraft. I did not make regular credits into the account. I had several calls from HSBC asking for me to make a payment into the account, which I did. There was no agreement set up to say I will pay x amount on x day of the month, every month. Then after a few months I got a letter from a debt agency stating the claim had been passed on to them. I arranged payment which I kept up to date to my knowledge. Since then I have checked my credit report and have found they have put a Default against me for this amount, around £900. At the time I found this the amount had not been cleared. This showed on the report. I never did anything about it as I thought I couldnt. The amount is now cleared and has been for a while now. Shows a Satisfied on the report.

The default has been affecting my life dramtically. I cant get much credit, I am paying over the odds for my car loan and its fustrating.

I can not remember much about the whole situation, as it was 3 years ago. Is there any way I can get this Default removed from my account ?

Can I send a template letter like this one to HSBC Head Office ? If so, who do I address it to ?

Template - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legalities/24013-defaults-proposed-method-removal.html

Any help with this will be greatly appriciated as I am not at all competent in this situation. It all baffles me, but would really like this to be removed. It has been on there for nearly 3 years I think that is long enough for a Unlawful Default.

If anyone can help at all and tell me what I should do, please do so.

Looking forward to your replies.

Best Regards,

Ryan

Edited by Rye2k2