Help...Should I CCA...did owe £90k??

WelshMam2009
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5435 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Blimey welshmam,,,that is interesting your copy of the a and l application,

you have a little gem there,,,,,keep that under wraps for the time being;-)

laters angel x

if im not back by the end of the week, you will find me in my attic hoping to find the same like welshmam,,,,,:lol: send a search party out for me,,,,dont leave me,,,,,:cool:

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks UD and Angel...still have the shed to sort out which is where most of the paperwork was dumped when we moved house.

I know I keep everything....trouble is, I can never find it when I need it!! :oops:

If you feel I've helped then by all means click my star to the left...a simple "thank you" costs nothing! ;)

Restons MBNA -v- WelshMam

MBNA Cards

CitiCard

M&S and More

Hold on to that original copy, Welshmam - it could be dynamite if they try a dodgy cut and paste job. How I wish I had thought to copy mine before I sent it off!

At least you kept yours - I jettisoned a load of my paperwork when I moved; D'oh! Mind you, I never imgined then that I would be in this position now....

I rather suspect that a lot of us are wishing the same thing UD. :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

i am in same boat somewhere i have macmillains paperwork before mbna had taken over account , i am going to find it this week but no rush still waiting cca from them defaulted 26th feb and all i have had is a letter saying sorry for calls

Guys...still waiting on my CCA's.

However, digging through some old paperwork I found a copy of an old A&L Statement and noticed that the account number was different.

Can anyone clarify if you should be signing a new agreement if the account number changes (guess when MBNA took over)???

PS..I also found a photocopy of an A&L application but it is really plain with no t&c's

hiya welshmam,,,did send you a pm, explaining stuff about what you said that you had found a photocopy of an a&l application but it is really plain and with no t&c's,,,,

quickly relooked back on your thread, so you are still awaiting on the cca ? is for just a mbna card or for the alliance and leicester under the mbna umbrella as such?

this could prove interesting let me know pls laters angel x

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

hiya welshmam,,,did send you a pm, explaining stuff about what you said that you had found a photocopy of an a&l application but it is really plain and with no t&c's,,,,

quickly relooked back on your thread, so you are still awaiting on the cca ? is for just a mbna card or for the alliance and leicester under the mbna umbrella as such?

this could prove interesting let me know pls laters angel x

Hi Angel, did pm you but it wouldn't let the message through as you have exceeded your storage space!!

Just to clarify that I have several MBNA accounts including one with them directly and another with A&L. I have CCA'd for them all but no response to date, even though they are well over as regards time.

The application form I found is for an A&L account from 1997. It is A4 and I presume was two sided.

aLoriginalfrontcropped.jpg

Have cropped the above. Below the heading is just personal info such as name, address, employment and bank details.

The back is like this;

aLoriginalbackedited.jpg

IMG%5D

Edited by WelshMam2009

If you feel I've helped then by all means click my star to the left...a simple "thank you" costs nothing! ;)

MBNA Cards

CitiCard

M&S and More

What I find interesting is that on the back under 'Customer Declaration' it states that;

2. I/We accept to be bound by the terms and conditions set out overleaf as may be varied from time to time.
Yet, as far as I can tell, there are no terms and agreements overleaf only what's written in the heading.

If there was a reverse to the second page then that means that the 'agreement' is on 3 x A4 sheets. However, I'm so particular about these things that I feel I would have copied it. Also, there's no evidence of any ink showing through.

If they rely on this then there are no prescribed terms specified such as credit limit etc. However, will wait to see what the CCA delivers...

Please add any comments Guys!!

Edited by WelshMam2009

MBNA Cards

CitiCard

M&S and More

hiya welshmam

im sorry my inbox full,,,must see to that today,,,

thanks for this ,,,will get back to you later off out now

it will be very interesting what they propose to send you on this one via cca

laters all angel x :cool:

hiya welshmam

this is the thread and postings from scrapper,,,,he had a word about if anyone had a copy of the original application/agreement and it could be proved that if mbna send something totally different then the fraud squad could be interested in this,,,,,

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/mbna/163837-toxic-mbna.html

see post 117 from scrapper

anyway thought of you as you are the first person ive come across as ive said that may have something to compare with when you or if you do get anything back

keep us posted, laters i hope its something useful to us all

angel x

pls let scrapper know it was you i was thinking of with your copy :cool:

thanks welshmam, i do hope it made sense what i was trying to get across to scapper and all there

laters angel x

• 2 weeks later...

Ok guys, finally had my first response from MBNA for one of my accounts...please note that they say that the documentation will be sent out under separate cover...still not received anything...and they are a month after the expiry date of the 12+2 days!!

Are they thick?? Do they realise that their customers can actually read?

They are well out of time as regards supplying the info and, consequently, they remain in default until I get my hands on the agreement from them.

Any suggestions as to what I should write back....printable of course!!;)

Nodisputeresponse.jpg

MBNA Cards

CitiCard

M&S and More

I would give them a few days to see if the agreement does turn up. I fail to see why it couldnt have been included in the letter however.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I would give them a few days to see if the agreement does turn up. I fail to see why it couldnt have been included in the letter however.

Thanks CB...had an identical letter today for another account of theirs...still no CCA's though!!

Oh, and as an aside, following my CCA request to M&S, they have defaulted me!! Let's wait and see what those beggers turn up!! :-x

MBNA Cards

CitiCard

M&S and More

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, am shaking a little as I type this!!

Letter from MBNA saying that they have now sold one of my debts to Direct Legal (Dtl). Anyone heard of them? They are based in Northants.

Also, the account number they refer to is different to mine and I don't recognise it (unless it was my original account number - will need to check).

I have also today received a copy of the current terms and conditions which they claim satisfies the S78 request and am going to challenge that.

A SAR is the next step for them.

Why have the sold the debt straight on I wonder??

MBNA Cards

CitiCard

M&S and More

hiya Welshmam

keep positive, wishing you lots of luck

have a sunny day laters angel x

hiya Welshmam

keep positive, wishing you lots of luck

have a sunny day laters angel x

Thanks Angel...will do my best!! xx 8)

MBNA Cards

CitiCard

M&S and More

Thanks to Underdog I've just realised that the debt was sold 4 days prior to the expiry date on the DN. This date was wrong anyway due to second class post and Easter hols.

But, what does that mean for me in practice??

MBNA Cards

CitiCard

M&S and More

If they assigned the agreement before they served the default notice then whilst the assignment is valid - the DN may not be.

Where did the DN come from - I thought that it had to come from the creditor - as the debt had been assigned at that point MBNA were not the creditor.

On that basis the DN may not be valid

If I've helped feel free to add to my reputation.

I am not a Practising Lawyer. My comments are my opinion only. You should not rely upon those comments and should always take your own professional advice from a practising Solicitor or Barrister