Charges made against Cahoot

auto98
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5449 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Been given permission by the author to copy this from a forum he and I both belong to - thought it may be of interest to some people:

Quote:

Service Relationship Team

cahoot

Friars House

Manor House Drive

Coventry

CV1 2BR

RE Account Number: XXXXX

TRACKING NUMBER: XXXXXXXXXXXXX

Dear Sirs

It would appear that you failed to send me out a new debit card before my existing card expired. Unfortunately I only discovered this as I went to pay for some fuel at a petrol station. As a result I had to leave my name, address and Vehicle registration number with the attendant after she kindly let me return home to pick up another card to withdraw some cash to pay for the fuel. This not only caused me great embarrassment in front of a crowded shop of people waiting to pay for their fuel but also meant I had to spend an hour returning home to collect another cash card, withdraw the money and return to the petrol station to pay for the fuel. This meant I had to spend an extra hour at work that evening to make up for the missed work I should have done during the day. I notice in our contract you stipulate that if I make an error and you return a cheque or I go over my agreed overdraft limit you will charge me £30. Having spoken with my solicitor he informed me that it would be only fair for you to pay me the same amount each time you made a mistake or inconvenienced me. As a result I would like to claim £30 from you for each of the following errors:

1. Failing to send me a new debit card on time.

2. Leaving me with no means of payment after I had put fuel into my car.

3. Forcing me to make a 25 mile + round trip to collect another cash card, withdraw the cash and return to the petrol station to pay for my fuel, the resulting time lost meant I had to work for an extra after work that evening to make up for it.

4. Despite putting this all in writing in an email to your customer services team they inform me I have to do this in writing to yourselves, so I’m charging you for writing this letter. I also believe the only reason you ask for it in writing is that you know most people will give up and not bother, I strongly advise you that you speak to me over the phone regarding this matter as any further letters sent to you will be charged at £30 per letter.

I believe this comes to a total of £120 for the 4 problems caused by your mistake. Could you please credit this amount to my account without delay. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me.

Regards

Dear Mr XXXXX

I refer to your recent letter regarding your cahoot current account.

I've taken ownership of your particular case in order to provide a

response to the issues you've raised.

I'm sorry to learn that

a replacement debit card wasn't issued to you once your existing card

had expired. Having fully investigated this incident, it does seem that

an isolated system issue occurred when your card was due for renewal. I

can confirm that we've identified the cause of this error and a fix has

been implemented. I'd like to offer my sincere apologies for the

frustration and inconvenience we've caused you.

In order not

to inconvenience you any further, I've made the decision to credit your

account with the requested £120.00 ex gratia payment, in full and final

settlement of your complaint. I trust that this is to your satisfaction.

Once again please accept my apologies and should you require anything further please don't hesitate to contact me.

Yours sincerely

XXXXXX

cahoot Service Relationship Manager

• 2 years later...