Help with Argos Purchase

mysolomon
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5607 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I ordered a Reebok I-Run treadmill on the 6th of Jan 2009. On the 27th of Jan I recieved a Roger Black Gold treadmill. After speaking to argos it has transpired that they sold 3000 I run treadmills which they can't deliver and they are sending alternatives instead. I was not informed of this and didn't realise the error until I had unpacked the treadmill. (The delivery note and the sticker on the box all say reebok I-Run)

Argos have said that I can either keep the treadmill I have, return it for a refund or choose another treadmill for the price I paid. I chose the I-Run because I don't have the room for a large treadmill and the Roger Black treadmill is huge! They are currently selling I runs in other colours (at over £200 more!) and I have been told that they have these in stock. Are they not obliged in any way to offer me the closest alternative? They knew they could not get the stock of the treadmill I ordered at the beginning of Jan but kept my money regardless and have continued to sell them since, is there nothing I can do? Surely consumers must be protected from companies overselling and using the opportunity to offload surplus 'own brand' stock.

It may seem silly but I'm so annoyed that a company is conning its customers like this and I think they should have to deliver what I ordered!

Do I have any chance of getting an I run in another colour?

Thanks.

The options Argos have given you are fair. They have no obligation to exchange it for a more expensive model.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

I can understand that, but it's exactly the same treadmill just a small part of it is a different colour. Whilst I don't understand why they are priced so differently I would think that an alternative would be something such as a different colour not a large treadmill that is not compact (which is the main appeal of the I-run)