RBS Loan - Defaulted due to charges. Charging Order given, now threatening Order for Sale!

cbd13
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4105 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Did you receive a statutory demand?

I haven't cehcked the post since just over a week ago, as I don't live at property, am calling in after work tonight. I would assume there will be one there.

The thing is they shouldn't be writing there as I gave their sol my current address.

PPI reclaims:

RBS: Received stat interest on premiums - £2345, awaiting premiums refund (possible offset)

Blackhorse: Confirmed upheld, awaiting letter - circa £2k

Charges reclaimed:

Barclaycard £800 + 8% - Full refund

MBNA £780 (incl. 8%) - full refund

Do you still bank with RBS or is this another bank account?

The original loan and bank account was with RBS.

My mortgage is held with The One Account and acts as my current account too (I am aware they are run by RBS too, but it's essentially seperate).

PPI reclaims:

RBS: Received stat interest on premiums - £2345, awaiting premiums refund (possible offset)

Charges reclaimed:

It sounds like a statutory demand has been issued rather than a bankruptcy petition.

I was struggling to understand why your account had been suspended.

Technically banks can suspend accounts when an SD has been issued although most wouldn't know about it unless you bank with them.

You can apply to set aside the SD but you need the original paperwork and so you should retrieve this as soon as possible and post back here with the details.

I'm certainly not an expert in this area and I'll try to get someone over to this forum to help.

Do you have an account with anyone that isn't tied into RBS?

If not you should probably open a basic account with someone quickly.

Did you have any money in the One account?

If so I don't think you will be able to access that until the matter is resolved.

It sounds like a statutory demand has been issued rather than a bankruptcy petition. I was struggling to understand why your account had been suspended. Technically banks can suspend accounts when an SD has been issued although most wouldn't know about it unless you bank with them.

You can apply to set aside the SD but you need the original paperwork and so you should retrieve this as soon as possible and post back here with the details. I'm certainly not an expert in this area and I'll try to get someone over to this forum to help.

Do you have an account with anyone that isn't tied into RBS? If not you should probably open a basic account with someone quickly. Did you have any money in the One account? If so I don't think you will be able to access that until the matter is resolved.

Thanks.

I have an account with Hfax, I have just informed my employer of new details for salary however, may be too late for this months money. I will be calling the One acc to see I they will give me access as I have DD which I will need to recreate over new account plus I have to live:mad:

PPI reclaims:

Charges reclaimed:

If they have suspended the account they shouldn't accept payments into it. You should make this point when you speak to them.

Ok, I did actually deposit some money from hfx acc on saturday to cover mortgage (account apparently frozen on thursday).

Have just had confirmation that salary will be paid to hfx so at least I can pay my other commitments, else I'd have had a string of people crying out for their money:)

PPI reclaims:

Charges reclaimed:

• 2 years later...

Hi,

RBS have a charging order on my property.

I reclaimed the PPI and they have offset against what was owed (I got the interest though)

and subsequently the balances on my Credit file reflect the reductions.

Additionally, the DCA have written and confirmed the new amount outstanding,

and are still suggesting calling and getting a further reduced settlement figure/arranging a monthly plan.

I presume that you cannot reduce the judgement order per se, but maybe they should update as part settled?

PPI reclaims:

Charges reclaimed:

urm.. if a dca is offering a discount on a CCJ, something is very wrong here.

were they the ones that took you to court?

have you your own thread?

dx

Hi dx,

Sorry it was Irwin Mitchell who are writing to me.

Dont have paperwork with me,

they say

"As you aware there is a CO on your property relating to this debt, however, it is still our clients wish to blah blah....

....a settlement figure or payment plan."

PPI reclaims:

Charges reclaimed:

something really smells here having just read the whole thread.

you had a series of refinanced loans, with lots of charges

a CCJ

and

an

CO

and

order of sale were all gotten without your knowledge nor question?

bcobs and bank charges come in here

there is NOTHING to stop you reclaiming ALL the loan charges and extra int if any were rolled over intio the next loan

thus adding MORE interst to PENALTY charges

the same goes for PPI.

as for the bank charges, [before the loan]

what date are these from

if they are post 2009, BCOBS might be a good route here

can you give as a quick resume of ALL that happened [bullet points with date]

this SMELLS!!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 4 months later...

Hi Dx,

I realise this has taken sometine to respond, but I appreciate the advice.

I am starting to try and rebuild my account as best I can to see the full picture.

Additionally, I have seen that you can complain about misselling account packages.

It is my recollection that when taking out 1 or 2 of the loans/refinance,

I was sold the Royalties and then Gold packages as they offered better interest rates.

In all my time with any Royalties account, I never used or had reason to use the package benefits.

Also, many DD rejection charges and OD charges have resulted from the account charge being added.

Obviously I don't have all of the facts yet, but would appreciate any further advice

Thanks again so much for opening my eyes a little bit more

cbd

PPI reclaims:

Charges reclaimed: