sandbag *** WON ***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6314 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everyone, recieved a letter from Mike Brophy at Customer Relations. He is sorry that i am uhappy with the charges i have incurred blah blah, they cannot guarantee that they will respond in the timescale i have outlined but will endeavour to find a solution in 4 weeks and will have a detailed update in 8 weeks. I think i will stick to my timetable thankyou very much!

I am also invited to ring him if i want - i don't think so!

Regards Sandbag.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They may ignore it completely in which case, two weeks next Monday, you can file with MCOL or directly with your local County Court.

I, along with several others, were offered about 40% of our claims but to be honest, I haven't seen any offers over a £1,000. As your claim is for over £4K you may well get an offer of £1K.

To follow my case progress, click here to see where I'm at right now.

Welshman

• 2 weeks later...

Don't worry.

You have to be prepared to go to court - that seems to be the only way to get your full amount from Barclays. But always remember, it's like a game of "chicken" and they're more frightened of court than you are.

Victimnomore

By day, quiet unassuming bank customer - but, by night, .. .. .. .. ..

Barclays Case1

14/03/07 **WON** FULL settlement £3358.39

Barclays Case2

08/09/08 Prelim: please give me my £187.91 back.

Halifax Case1

14/03/07 **WON** Refunded £728 (including £54 costs)

Halifax Case2

08/09/08 Prelim: please give me my £268.24 back.

Cheers Victimnomore, i have completed the MCOL and calculated the interest and the final total is £4865. Claim submitted and now i wait and see if they enter a defence.

Regards Sandbag.

Hello everyone - i have a couple of questions. Now that i have completed my online claim should i be gathering evidence about unfair bank charges to take with me in case i go to court? Also should i Pm a moderator re 'litigation in process'? If i should be gathering evidence then can someone point me in the right direction?

I'm sorry to sound stupid but i want to be prepared for when i go to court and i don't want Barclays to win!

Regards Sandbag.

Jonni2bad has a list of all the stuff needed in his thread

Spotty

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Statement request 4th May

Prelim Letter sent 24th May

LBA 7th June

Thanks but no thanks letter sent 22 June

MCOL 22nd June

Claim acknowledged 26 June

AQ sent 2nd August

17 Nov Court Date Set for 29 Jan 2007

Settled in full 12/12/06

Hello everyone - i received a letter from Alison Follet customer relations manager,basically its the same letter that everyone seems to be getting. They have offered me £1000 towards the final total that i am seeking.Obviously i will say that i accept the offer but that i will want the rest of it too.

Also i have a letter from Northampton County Court stating that the claim will deemed to be served on the 7th and they have to reply by the 21st.

I hope they forget!

Cheers Sandbag.

Just how many "customer relations managers" do these people have??

Or, is it lightening-fast staff turnover?? Is it job-sharing? Is there an epic managerial power struggle going on at Churchill Place????

Victimnomore

By day, quiet unassuming bank customer - but, by night, .. .. .. .. ..

Barclays Case1

14/03/07 **WON** FULL settlement £3358.39

Barclays Case2

08/09/08 Prelim: please give me my £187.91 back.

Halifax Case1

14/03/07 **WON** Refunded £728 (including £54 costs)

Halifax Case2

08/09/08 Prelim: please give me my £268.24 back.

Hello everyone - just a quick question. I recieved a letter offering me £1000 on the 3rd of October, i had filed my claim to the courts on the 2nd (14 days was up then)prior to me receiving the letter- i also recieved a letter from the courts stating that my claim would be deemed served on the 7th and Barclays have until the 21st to reply. I will be sending my thanks but no thanks letter today ( 5th of October) - my question is should i have waited until i sent the no thanks letter and recieved a reply from Barclays before filing a claim with MCOL? Have i dropped a B*****K?

Regards Sandbag.

No. You are sticking to your timescale. Barclays know the score, and it's their problem if they leave things to the last minute thereby missing YOUR deadline.

You would have thought that they'd have learned by now wouldn't you!

To follow my case progress, click here to see where I'm at right now.

Welshman

Hello - sorry just another quick question ( sorry if i'm dim). I've just been reading chesterb's thread and i wonder should i have send my spreadsheet now including interest to both Barclays and to mcol?

Regards Sandbag.