Bt Help Please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5605 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have recently moved house I phoned bt and asked for a phone line. a week later i found that another phone provider was alot cheaper:-D.

I phoned them and they agreed to sort everything out.

I recived comformation within 2 weeks of me contacting bt.

Recently bt Have sent me a bill for the term of my contract:eek: (12months).

I was under the impression that I had 14 days grace from the commencement of my phone line:???:, am i right?

any help or direction please. i never recived or signed any contract.

thanks people buck

Are you saying you found a cheaper supplier one week AFTER they installed and provided a working phone line? If so, are you really expecting a free installation and provision that you can cancel (and can be re-used by another competitor) should you change your mind and cancel?

The answer is 'no'. IF the line had yet to be installed and the had done no work, then you could potentially back out at no cost, but not after the event. They would rightly insist on the minimum of 12 months service, or the amout due to be paid in this period as an alternative

Recently bt Have sent me a bill for the term of my contract:eek: (12months).

I was under the impression that I had 14 days grace from the commencement of my phone line:???:, am i right?

To be honest buck I never signed a contract with BT either, everything was done over the Internet, firstly take a look on their website...If I order a new line from BT and sign up for a minimum 12-month term, what happens if I later decide to cease the line?

BT Price List - Homepage

Your rights to cancel your agreement and return equipment

1. You may cancel your agreement with us before we have provided the service, unless the service terms say otherwise. If you do so, we will not charge you. If we have provided any equipment to allow you to use the service, you agree to return it, following our instructions and at your cost. We will refund any payment you have made for the equipment. If we have to collect the equipment, we may charge you our reasonable costs for doing so.
  2. If you have only ordered equipment from us, you may cancel your order at any time up to seven working days, beginning with the day after we deliver the equipment. If you do so, you agree to return the equipment, following our instructions and at your cost. We will refund any payment you have made for the equipment. If we have to collect the equipment, we may charge you our reasonable costs for doing so.
  3. If you return any equipment as faulty, we may test the equipment if it is working, we will send it back to you. If we do so, we may charge you costs for our testing and postage. This does not affect your legal rights relating to equipment which is faulty or wrongly described.

Ending the service

1. Once we have provided the service, you may tell us to stop providing it at any time by giving us 14 days' written notice, unless the service terms say otherwise. We can stop providing the service by giving you 28 days' written notice.
  2. If we stop providing the service within any relevant minimum period because you have asked us to, you will have to pay a charge by way of compensation for ending it early, unless paragraph 34 applies or the service terms say otherwise. You can find details of these charges in the price terms.
  3. If you or we end the agreement for the service, we will pay back to you any money we owe you relating to that agreement. We will first take off any money you owe us under that agreement or any other agreement between us.

Which can all be found here http://www.productsandservices.bt.com:)/consumerProducts/dynamicmodules/pagecontentfooter/pageContentFooterPopup.jsp?pagecontentfooter_popupid=13408

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!