SCS Buy now Pay Later

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5538 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I bought a new 3 piece suite October 2007 from SCS, story so far:-

I chose the suite i wanted in store and asked about BUY NOW PAY LATER the salesman done some sums and he says he had to do a credit check I said ok and at the time he says sign this application for credit so I did he then credit checked me and I failed, he says he'd phone me later with another company that may work for me, He phoned me later that day and said everything was ok my finance was approved. 3 Piece was arranged to be delivered in 12 weeks about week 11 they phoned saying 3 piece was in stock ready to be delivered So we dumped our old suite and waited for new 1 that wasn’t even ready to be delivered we found out, So i phoned SCS and cancelled my agreement the Manager pleaded with me to re-consider and offered me a discount (about £500) and guaranteed our suite in 3 days i said ok, he then said Please come into store to signed your credit agreement i said ok (but because they messed me around I thought I wait until I got the suite) The suite turned up and I never went into the store to sign the agreement, The manager phoned me constantly for the next month and even came to my house (hand delivering) requests for me to sign agreement, Then he got nasty saying I had 3 days to go into the store and sign it or will come with a van and remove the suite (LOL), I have kept all these documents by the way, He kept asking for signature for about 3 Months.

1 Year later and Barclays Partner Finance sent me a letter saying my Buy It Now is almost up and must pay around £4500 in full. We sent them the Template was from here The CCA request and £1 postal order. I never heard anything back at all for about 6 months, they then pursued me for the balance on the telephone and by mail every time they rang I said "Where is my CCA"? They kept saying it’s here it’s here I said "please send my copy then" I still haven’t got it and I know 100% I haven’t signed anything at all.

Today Jan 2009 they still sending me letters and the interest is rising They new want £5900 and on the phone they still say they have the CCA sighed (impossible) and now looking at court dates

My question is what is the next step for me any ideas anyone and thanks for taking the time to read this, also i was going to re-send the CCA request but not sure what to do,

Has anyone had any experiances like this or how i could word a letter telling them to get off my back because they have no CCA??

Thanks All.

Mick

• 2 months later...

i know that this is an old post but I felt it necessary to just comment briefly on this story.

Why on earth do people feel its ok to try and get something for nothing. That is, IMHO, tantamount to theft. I know you won't regret it, but I do feel sorry for you.

Liesa