Reliable Collections Update!!! U won't believe it!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5547 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

You could always use BT's 'choose to refuse' option. It's £3.95 per month but you can bar their numbers and you can get a bit of peace. I use it and it's great. You can only bar 10 numbers but after a while the dca gets fed up of not getting through and you can delete their number freeing a space or 2 up.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well just 10 minutes ago i received yet another telephone call from Reliable Collections informing me that they have been instructed to now collect the FULL alleged amount over the phone,lol, and when i reminded her that they couldn't enforce the alleged debt because they had not supplied me with a true copy of my CCA she interrupted and said " ok thats fine there has been a law pack put together and sent on the 23rd" so i eagerly await what this says, will keep you posted :rolleyes:

Tigs x

Well i shall be hard pressed to choose between worrying about my mum or these clowns, i think i know who will win hands down!!! :rolleyes: No doubt i shall enjoy informing whom ever they have deemed to pass it on to that they are in serious breach and they are acting unlawfully!!!!! can't wait for the postie in the morning lmao :D

Tigs x

Well folks postie came and went and absolutely beg all from those lovely people @ Reliable!!!! I am sending a further letter of dispute and reminding them that i have sent a letter of telephone harrassment in to them and that i will only communicate by written form, sending this to their head office see what response i get :rolleyes: will keep you informed

Tigs x

Well we are into March and guess what?,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, no legal pack has landed as yet!!!! :rolleyes: i wonder if they are telling untruths?!!! :eek: surely not?!!!!!! :rolleyes:

I did last week however, send them another letter of account in dispute and they couldn't enforce without the true copy of original signed CCA and that due to my health issues and the harrassment letter thay had ignored i was now contacting Manchester TS as i had been instructed by the OFT and i haven't heard a blessed thing, and no phone calls in over a week :eek: could it be that they are sleeping?!!! :rolleyes: lol, will keep you posted folks

Tigs x :p

Edited by Tigstheterror
spelling errors!

Hi folks i have received a letter, not a " legal pack" as they said from Unreliable Collections this morning, i can't access photo bucket at present, gawd knows why so i will type it here as to how they have worded the letter, sorry if it makes the post a long one, i need advice as to what to do now please, many thanks, repsonse from them as follwos:

Naturally Close..... as daring as you are.

3rd March 2009

My details here

Account no here

I am in receipt of your letter dated 16th Februaury 2009.

We have complied with our obligations to supply you with a " True copy" of your credit agreement ( er no they sent me an updated one with hand written details of me on it in the incorrect name at the time the alleged account was taken out). "A True copy" is defined by regulation 3 of the Consumer Credit ( Cancellation Notices and Copies of Documents) Regulations 1983. The "True Copy" need not , by law, contain either the signature of the debtor or the date of the signature in our case.No default therefore arises.

Having been provided with this " true Copy" ( no they haven't it was in my new name and written by them!!!!!!!! ) there is no basis for you to either allege( miss spelt ) that you are exonerated from payment under the agreement or that we remain in breach of our obligations under the Act. So that i can be absolutely clear,is it your case that you :- ( you will love this bit )

a) deny receipt of the agreement ( oh yes)

b) deny signing the agreement( oh yes defo again )

c) admit or deny receipt of the goods and service ( try and provide evidence i have had or done either)

d) admit or deny performing your account as if you had signed the credit agreement ( you know what they are trying to get mt to fall into here!)

So that we can consider your claim further please answer All of the above questions. ( yeah right )

There is a statutory right under section 10 of the DATA PROTECTION aCT 1998 ( "The Act").......... (what are they blabbing on about here?),,,, to require a data controller to stop processing data. A common misconception is that this grants a data subject a general right to prevent a data controller from legitimately processing that subjects data. The Act provides no such general right.Provided we process data in compliance with the Data Protection Principles in the Act you may only request we cease processing where:

a) the processing is likely to cause damage or distress:or

b) the purpose for processing is for DIRECT MARKETING

I am not satisfied you meet the tests set out in section 10 of the Act to establish a right under a) above ( especially as it is our case that you had previously consented to such processing as we have carried out and intend to carry out),,,,,,,,,,,, what the holy feck is all this? i sent a letter of harrassing phone calls btw!

We will accept your notice in respect of DIRECT MARKETING only and we will now make arrangements to cease processing your data FOR THAT PURPOSE. There may be " pipeline" mailings already selected for you which are in the course of dispatch which we cannot now stop as these may be with third parties, but these will cease shorly.

Everything above is as it is typed, obviously with out my sarcasm, so they are telling me that they are going to ignore my request to cease phone calls as they don't deem it harrassment, oh no? calling me on the day of discharge from hospital is not harrassment?!!!!!

I need hELp in my response to these barstewards as i have had enough, they fooked up on the CCA request, they sent an up to date one with my details, incorrect at the time, written in, not even my hand writing and they say they have complied !!!!!!!!! what a joke :mad: i'm fuming,,,, they are also trying to catch me out with their stoopid a,b,c points too!!!!!!

Could somebody please help with a response as i'm at my wits end with these clowns, oh forgot it was signed, some scribble,,,,,,pp, S Beat ( printed) solicitor for and on behalf of Fashion World limited.( with no telephone number!!!)

Edited by Tigstheterror
spelling errors

Have a hash around with this and send recorded....

Thank you for your response to my request under the Consumer Credit Act section 78.

I am pleased to see that you confirm this as a true copy of the original agreement executed by yourselves on the XXXXX.

As you must realise this agreement does not conform to sections 60(1) and 61(1) of the Consumer credit Act 1974 and would therefore only be enforceable by a court under s65. However, the absence of any prescribed terms and my signature means that a court would be prevented from enforcing it under s127(3)"

Please also note that, I can categorically state that the writing on this document is NOT mine, It would seem apparent that somebody has filled in my details in a deliberate attempt to pass this off as an executed agreement. If I suspect fraud, I will have no hesitation in reporting this to The Police, The Office Of Fair Trading, The Financial Ombudsman Service, My local MP (as well as the Financial Crimes Unit of HM Treasury as I believe that under money laundering laws, you need to keep executed documents for at least 6 years from when the account was opened.) (delete if account opened more than 6 years ago)

You had until (date here) to provide me with the true copy I requested. After that date you entered into default of my request and I am therefore advising that the matter is now in dispute . Whilst the matter is in dispute, you are not permitted to ask for any payment, nor am I obliged to offer any payment to you. Furthermore, whilst the dispute remains, you are not entitled to charge any interest on the account, make any further charges to the account or pass the account to anybody else.

Please note once again that this letter is a second statutory notice under Section 10 of the Data Protection Act to cease processing any data in relation to this account with immediate effect. This means you must remove all information regarding this account from your own internal records and from my records with any credit reference agencies including any defaults. Should you refuse to comply, you must within 21 days provide me with a detailed breakdown of your reasoning behind continuing to process my data. It is not sufficient to simply state that you have a ‘legal right’, you must outline your reasoning in this matter and state upon which legislation this reasoning depends.

Should you fail to respond within 21 days, I will expect that this means you agree to remove all such data.

Thanks 42man you are a star and i take it i should ignore the telling of me to answer thier ridiculous a,b,c,d points? :p which i found straight forward until i saw d and i admit i faltered as i thought if i did be as daft to respond, they would get me on a technicality!!!! they are truly stoopid and horrendous to deal with, but many thanks for that it helps an awful lot, i only got cleared of cancer this week and they haven't helped with the stress

I am able to provide a donation this w/end and i shall be glad to do so, you're all brill :D

Cheers Tigs x

I've got a gripe going on with these JD williams idiots as well as Slowells,

Got the same letter as you, so i fired off the Letter stating i want a copy that bears my signature.

Lo and Behold, i have heard nothing...... and i know why.... cos i am 110% they dont have it, cos we never signed one :grin:

Hi Nish40, good bit to add, as i am of same opinion as you, i actually signed nothing!! I have also got London Scottish clowns saying that as it's a ctalogue alleged debt with them ( for something else ) then under law the CCA does not apply to the alleged debt,lol, i sent off the account in dispute and i have heard nothing else! All have nothing better to do, Lowells are amazing, :p lmao, keep sending me account can be cleared at huge discount, :p my am i going to be busy !!! :D lol

Tigs x

Hi Nish40, good bit to add, as i am of same opinion as you, i actually signed nothing!! I have also got London Scottish clowns saying that as it's a ctalogue alleged debt with them ( for something else ) then under law the CCA does not apply to the alleged debt,lol, i sent off the account in dispute and i have heard nothing else! All have nothing better to do, Lowells are amazing, :p lmao, keep sending me account can be cleared at huge discount, :p my am i going to be busy !!! :D lol

Tigs x

Catalogues love to pretend they dont need signed Agreements, but this little snippet is something caught my eye on this forum.

Apparantly it was an email Tiglet received from MOTA.

It's as Follows:

"I confirm that our members are bound by the Consumer Credit Act."

If you look on their website, you will see that they also specifically refer to the CCA in regards to their codes of practice.

There is a list of members on the site, who have obviously joined in part for the credibility belonging to this association gives.

Therefore, a little more ammunition for those of us being told they do not need to provide CCA's.

If they can't provide a CCA when properly requested, then it's not the consumers fault.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi folks, sorry not to post this on my previous thread but i can't find it after sifting through 35 pages so i have posted it seperately. Cutting a long story short, i have had a battle with Unrelaible Collections for well over 18 months and have done the obligatory CCA request, upon which i was sent a NEW one with my details, incorrectly, written in!! so did an account in dispute,harrassment letter for telephone calls etc. Had some great advice and template letters that Caggers have submitted ,i thank you all, but this latest response is a peach so i thought i would let you all have a read.Still got issues with Photobucket so i will just type it here so forgive long read! :p

( it's basically blackmailing me!! )

Dear Ms B,

ACC no: ....

"We have complied with our obligations to supply you with a " True Copy" of your credit agreement ( oh really?! news to me and note they don't say " signed"? !). A "True Copy" is defined by regulation 3 of the CCAct ( cancellation notices and copies of documents ) regulations 1983". Goes on to say they don't need to provide a signed copy so no default on their part!!

"The name and address were inserted by our Regulations.This is NOT fraud ( really? ) We have not claimed that the document sent to you is the original agreement ( lol, admittance there then ) It is a "True Copy" sheeshh yeah right!!

We have already acknowledged your s.10 notice, please refer to our letter dated 3rd March 2009".

( this is the best paragraph ).............................................

"If it is your intention not to make any further payments to the account and in the abscence of any dispute under the elements that make up the balance of your account, as a result of orders placed and received by you, ( can you prove that?) we consider your assertion that you have no legal liability for payment to be based purely on the allegation that the relevant credit agreement has not been signed. On that basis, we can confirm that the collection activity would cease, however, we would like to make it absolutely clear to you that should you take that decision ( here comes the blackmail bit ) not to make any further payments to clear your account, your non payment will be reported to the relevant credit reference agency who record this fact for a period of 6 years.

Given the seriousness of your non payment please confirm your intentions with regard to furture payment to this account".

Aint that a peach folks?!!!!! :D So any takers for a lovely response?!! feel free to pst a suitable letter that i can send back :D

Hope this brightens a dull wet day for all !!!!! :p

Many thanks

Tigs xx

"If it is your intention not to make any further payments to the account and in the abscence of any dispute under the elements that make up the balance of your account, as a result of orders placed and received by you, ( can you prove that?) we consider your assertion that you have no legal liability for payment to be based purely on the allegation that the relevant credit agreement has not been signed. On that basis, we can confirm that the collection activity would cease, however, we would like to make it absolutely clear to you that should you take that decision ( here comes the blackmail bit ) not to make any further payments to clear your account, your non payment will be reported to the relevant credit reference agency who record this fact for a period of 6 years.

Given the seriousness of your non payment please confirm your intentions with regard to furture payment to this account".

Report them to the information commissoner, trading standards & the OFT.

"If it is your intention not to make any further payments to the account and in the abscence of any dispute under the elements that make up the balance of your account, as a result of orders placed and received by you, we consider your assertion that you have no legal liability for payment to be based purely on the allegation that the relevant credit agreement has not been signed. On that basis, we can confirm that the collection activity would cease, however, we would like to make it absolutely clear to you that should you take that decision not to make any further payments to clear your account, your non payment will be reported to the relevant credit reference agency who record this fact for a period of 6 years.

Normal reliable/jdwilliams reply when they don't have a signed agreement.

It's their standard response - okay someone has added a bit, but when they say collections activity will cease they are lying, they will either continue to call or pass it to another DCA to start their own collections activity.

Still they are all whistling Dixie without a correctly drawn up CCA.

Reliable have advised me my alleged account *may* go to another agency after I sent them a stinging letter, but first thing every morning I still get one (unanswered) call from them as if they just can't let go.