I can't bear this..

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5624 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Are you entitled to working tax credit? You don't need to have a family these days to claim it.

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

It is a bad time to have a new(ish) business that's for sure. You haven't told us what you are selling in your shop. OH and I have been self employed for 15 years and we have been through some tough times to say the least.

I would suggest you give up on the bank and start dealing entirely in cash. Charges and all that rubbish can be sorted out later, as can the credit cards. You need the money firstly to live and secondly to try and keep the shop going, as long as it seems to be viable.

I know from bitter personal experience during foot and mouth back in 2001 that all the government help was kicked into touch for struggling businesses - our bank took the view that we were overdrawn when F&M affected us so we were not in a good position to start with, therefore they would not help us. We survived, but no thanks to government or banks.

You need to get those cards down to £1 a month, or send them CCA requests. If they can't find a copy of your agreement then you can kiss them goodbye and get on with your life.

We have run our business for love more than money for many years, and it is a tough decision to make. I know many other people in similar situations, but maybe you need to take a step back and think whether the pleasure you get from having the business is outweighed by the pain you are suffering.

BANK CHARGES

Others

Well I had that argument with the inland revenue a few years ago regarding a client who had made losses for a few years but loved what she was doing. The man in the suit with the guaranteed salary and the pension scheme was convinced she was fiddling and just could not understand anyone working to make a loss. He reduced her to tears - stupid stupid man.

If it is what you want to do then persevere. Life is all about dreams and very few people get to live them. But you need your partner's support, and I am sure you do have that.

You are a Cagger now. You will get help to rebuild your strength. You had the strength to start your business, now all you need is to regain that and keep fighting.

• Haha 1

BANK CHARGES

Others

Well I have been taking St John's Wort for the past three years and I have to say it has helped. Started off on prescription antidepressants but started to forget to take them which I took to mean that my body was telling me to stop.

And then there is the red wine of course:D. Marvellous stuff.

• Haha 1

BANK CHARGES

Others