Tesco overcharged by 100%

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5614 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My partner and myself went shopping in our local Tescos on Monday. We used the self serve till but it was playing up and when I tried to pay it seemed that it hadn't taken the money.

After some trying to sort it out by the assistant, she suggested that it would be easier to go through another till and get it all rescanned.. We did this, paid and went home.

On checking if a direct debit payment had been taken out last night I saw that Tesco had taken the shopping payment out twice.

I went in today and they could see what had happened but informed me I would have to wait at least 72 hours to ensure it wasn't repayed back into my account.

Where do I stand with this? I can understand them waiting to see if it goes back in but I've had to borrow money to put into my account so I am covered for other direct debits which come out today, I informed the bank what had happened but they refused not to add charges on even though it was through no fault of mine. They did offer me a loan though at £69 a month though!

Also, is this covered by Tesco's Double the Difference policy? as this has caused me much hassle today.

Tesco's double the difference policy, so some staff member tried to tell me, only applies if the goods are mispriced, and not due to errors like scanning twice. I did however get a "discretionary" X2 offer as a goodwill gesture - yeah right.

Dunno about the banking side - someone else should help on that.