Serious Debt Please Help

Teldave
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5627 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Everyone once again thank you today not so good I have had to plug the phone back in to be able to work to get broadband yesterday I had 63 calls today not even 11am 28 calls so far my husband is on nightwork and going mental as he cannot get any sleep

I am so scared to go to ccs or CAB because of my debt in case the recommend bankruptcy I am self employed contractor and my work involves supporting trading floors (mind you no work around in that field at the moment) so this would then bar me from working in that field if I was made bankrupt. I got a letter from my bank yesterday I have always made sure that I keep up with everything with them as I need them for my salary etc and now they are threatening to pull the rug from under me as they are concerned over my credit file!!!!! I want to fight back but feel so low - anyone out there won by them not having a CCA I have read so much my head is spinning I only seem to see court actions and then it depends on the judge.I flip between being positive and desperate I wish I could just stop crying I just crave some peace. I feel worthless and ashamed how could I end up from being comfortable having a good life to going to bed cold and hungry. Sorry bad day!!!!

Let's hope the Government makes them stop those threats!! :)

We will not be intimidated.

'The pen is mightier than the sword'.

Petition to Outlaw Debt Sale and Purchase

- can't read/post much as eye strain's v.bad.

VIVA CAG!!! :)

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fred is right you need to tell your partner sooner rather than later....I hid 17K of credit card debt from my OH and was terrified for over 5 years of him finding out as I thought he would leave me.....I hid post, I shredded letters I hadn't even opened, I too unplugged the landline or turned the ringer off and if I saw someone i didn't know coming to the house I used to hide.

My OH found out by accident one day when he went to check an account and he went ballistic.....we suffered for twelve months as he was so upset I hid it from him....we are now moving on and to be honest are probably happier than before as I am not snapping with the stress of hiding the ebt anymore....

We cashed in an endowment and paid off most of the debt and a friend helped with the remainder....we dealt with it together and I don't mind telling people about my mistake now...its amazing how many others are in the same position but choose not to ask people for help....I steer everyone to this site.

At the time I thought my world was going to end (that's before I thought of driving up the motorway and crashing my car)....It doesn't end, if he leaves you he is not worth it anyway.....he will learn to forgive you and maybe one day even understand how you got in this mess and how easy it is and you are not alone by no stretch of the imagination you only need to show his this site to prove that !!!!

Your life, your future and getting the god damn DCAs sent packing is what you need to look forward to doing...don't give up !!!

Big hugs, stick with it and please please find time and tell your OH

If your landline number is absolutely essential for business purposes then you really do need to look at the trueCall. Within a short period of time you will be able to block enough of these idiots to make a significant difference, and the rest will follow in time.

Even serial telephone abusers like Crap One and MBNA (I call them MWNA) who use more than ten different numbers to get around BT Choose To Refuse will eventually have no more numbers left to abuse you with.

I can't advise on cell phones as I've got virtually no experience of them. Does anyone know of any cell phone or cell phone related technology which can block nuisance numbers?

SH