Mbna Ppi Woes

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5586 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Folks,

in need bit of advice on how to proceed please.

I have MBNA card taken out in 2003 that they have been charging ppi on.

To date i estimate maybe £2-2500 has been charged.

I have asked that they refund this on the grounds that

a: I didn't request it.

b: I am self employed and the product was unsuitable for me.

Obviously refusing my request and at latest phone conversation was advised to speak to a solicitor if I wanted but it wouldn't do me any good!

They have provided me with the documents below after I requested CCA.

Their argument being that on the internet application I ticked the PPC box TBH I didn't even know what PPC was until about a month ago and would not and have never requested insurance on any loan/cc.

any advice on how to proceed would be greatly appreciated :)

alleged application

alleged CCA Front

alleged CCA Back

hi sawney,

dont be put off . tyical mbna, they will try every trick in the book not to pay so be prepared for lots of hassle.

make sure you only deal in writing , keep copies and the recorded delivery info.

follow the timetable with the letters and enclose a complete list of the charges and the ci rate of interest.

have you got all your statements etc.

the cca that you have posted is extracts from their application form and is not complete.

have they provided the documents to show you applied for ppi.

hi sawney,

dont be put off . tyical mbna, they will try every trick in the book not to pay so be prepared for lots of hassle.

make sure you only deal in writing , keep copies and the recorded delivery info.

follow the timetable with the letters and enclose a complete list of the charges and the ci rate of interest.

have you got all your statements etc.

the cca that you have posted is extracts from their application form and is not complete.

have they provided the documents to show you applied for ppi.

oggy thanks for the reply and i'm sorry i'm so late in replying .. my head is all over the parish at the minute.

to answer

no I don't have all statements but i have a depressingly large amount.

no they haven't provided any documents which show I applied for ppi (or ppc as the mbna stasi prefer to call it). They are claiming that the internet application which has ppc yes on it is sufficient but nothing signed to that effect.

all the documents they have provided are the ones I have posted.

any help on this appreciated

thanks, Sawney

• 3 weeks later...

sawney,

how have you got the figures for the amount of ppc.

have you done a spreadsheet to calculate the amounts and charge at the ci rate they have charged you.

have you sent a data protection request for all your information/documents/ telephone recordings etc.

Hi

I too am having a similar disagreement with MBNA - they sent me a print off of my online application and PPC - yes - there argument is that they have sent out policy documents, I could have cancelled at anytime and they allegedly recently sent out changes to conditions - don't remember seeing it.

I've stopped paying them - ignore their letters and following my request for them to remove any phone number - haven't been chased by phone (don't think that will last) - I haven't continued to pursue them for ppi as I issued them with dispute letter and wasn't sure if I could chase for one thing when I was disputing the debt in total.

Interesting how they do things though.

roors:confused:

hi roors

you need to start your own thread if you havnt already and then we can follow it easier.

that is a problem that if your disputing the debt then perhaps you cant claim back the ppi.

on the other hand they should not have charged you in the first place if you didnt apply for it.

i did dispute my ac and still claimed back my charges and ppi. i put on hold the cca dispute until the other issues had been sorted. i won both.

now i am going to take them to court for the cca.

let us know which route you are going to take.

hi roors

you need to start your own thread if you havnt already and then we can follow it easier.

that is a problem that if your disputing the debt then perhaps you cant claim back the ppi.

on the other hand they should not have charged you in the first place if you didnt apply for it.

i did dispute my ac and still claimed back my charges and ppi. i put on hold the cca dispute until the other issues had been sorted. i won both.

now i am going to take them to court for the cca.

let us know which route you are going to take.

Thanx for information - I've got a thread going roors v mbna - will update it soon.

roors

oggy thanks for the reply and i'm sorry i'm so late in replying .. my head is all over the parish at the minute.

to answer

no I don't have all statements but i have a depressingly large amount.

no they haven't provided any documents which show I applied for ppi (or ppc as the mbna stasi prefer to call it). They are claiming that the internet application which has ppc yes on it is sufficient but nothing signed to that effect.

all the documents they have provided are the ones I have posted.

any help on this appreciated

thanks, Sawney

Hello Sawney,

They will tell you anything they can as not to repay it back:mad:

If they have sold you a product they have a duty to ensure that you are fully aware of the product and that it is suitable for your needs.

I would be sending them the full SAR for all the info that they hold on you.

Are there penalty charges you can reclaim back also.

Full SAR for ppi

Start the process and get you money back:evil:

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW