EON Visit charge

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5378 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've had a charge from EON for £30 after a visit they made middle of last year after we got behind on the bills (all sorted now).

Anyway the guy from EON rang me on my dinner this Friday, and said i need to ring to make arrangements to pay the £200 ish we owed. Then as I drove in from work that day, he was there on my driveway. Asked who I was, I asked for his I.D ect.... I explained I was gonna ring when I got in. As usual he wanted to come in for metre readings, I refused. He gave me a letter saying I'd have to pay £30 for him coming out. I said i'm not happy about that, never asked him to after all. Anyway he said as long as i get a plan setup to pay it off he'd waive it. Thought nothing of it after paying off the balance a fortnight later. Anyway this charge has been added to my account and now they won't remove it. I know its not a lot of money but its the principle. Wat can I do?

£30.00 is the standard charge for an e.on 'pre-disconnection visit'; it is added to your account automatically when the visit is raised and they will not remove it again unless it was raised in error.

The 'man in the driveway' is not authorised to waive the charge and unless you have some concrete proof of what was said then it's probably best to cut your losses.

Unless of course you have the time and the energy to make yourself such a nuisance to e.on that they refund the money just to get you off the phone... this has been known to happen!!

• 8 months later...

This is currently happening to me.....and is listed as "adjustment" on my bill

been on the phone 3 times to them and just get nowhere

when i pay my next bill it will be £30 short

Question, are they legally allowed to charge for a pre disconnection visit

****** UpDate ******* A Little Victory *********

Just Rang a nice lady at Eon and she has removed the 30 quid charge soon as i told here i was switching energy suppliers

Her name is Joanne and her direct dial number is 0115 8434581

Edited by Beck1968
a little victory

Beck

"There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. one is by the Sword. The other is by Debt."

Barclaycard PPI Refund £4300:whoo:

Barclaycard = Mexican Stand Off

TSB = Mexican Stand Off

Santander = :mad2: MungyPup is coming to get yahh :mad2: