Natwest online banking Charges

andypandyere
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5637 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I canceled a direct debit to Virgin Media that was due to leave my account on the 21st of December, I canceled it through my Online Banking on the 20th of December and it showed on my online account as Canceled, However when i looked at my Account on the 21st of Dec the bank had attempted to pay the direct debit but could not due to insufficient funds.

They charged me £38 and had reactivated the canceled direct debit in my online banking and it was still showing as active, even though the day before it showed as i canceled it.

Its my understanding of the Direct Debit Guarantee that you can cancel a direct debit at any time prior to the payment date. So where do i stand, the bank refuse to refund my £38 saying a message would have popped up during my online cancellation warning me that three days notice was required? I saw no such warning and i do not see that clause written into the Direct Debit Guarantee rules.

I believe that if my banking system allowed me to cancel it online on the 20th of Dec and at that point my account was not overdrawn at that time then surely i am in the right?

Anyone else had this problem? Any Advise please?

Kind regards Andy