Accident in Car Park @ Work

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5636 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Coming into work this morning, I slide around a corner on a patch of black ice, only doing about 10/15mph, but this was enough to slide into the curb, with a large bump, with the front driver-side wheel taking most of the force. I'm not sure yet (haven't driven it again), but I may have knackared the axel/tracking or something.

If I need to put in an insurance claim, should I tell my insurance company that I did this in a private car park? Would they still pay out, or reject the claim? Should I just tell them that this happened on a public road?

Many thanks

Ben

You should never tell lies to an insurance company as that would constitute fraud.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure that comprehensive car insurance covers you for own damage regardless of whether the accident happened on public or private property. So it shouldn't make any difference to the outcome of the claim.

It is only "private" if the general public do not have access to it.

Whilst I totally agree with the above about lying, there is nothing stopping you simply saying "a car park in such a street, mytown". That is about as far as they want to know.

It probably wouldnt make any difference anyway. At least it wouldnt to me. Too many advisors think that claims payments come out of their wages.

We should start a "computer says yes" campaign. Get companies to do things instead of saying they cant do something because of officialdom.