Nationwide Sent List Of Bank Charges And Say They Aknowledge My Complaint Should I Still....

manchester1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5625 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All , This is my first time on the bank charges forum ,to cut a long story short, earlier this year i sent a S.A.R to nationwide they responded by sending me a list of charges and a letter which i had to collect from my local branch. The list of charges is from 28th june 2002 till 04 feb 2006 and amounts to £2819, the letter amongst the usual blabber says that if i went to court they would ask for a stay until a resolution of the banks proceedings with the OFT , but they do" aknowledge and have registered and stored my complaint". My question is that with this letter and a list of my charges to hand do i still need to do a court claim to lock in my 6yrs of charges:?.

Manc1

MANC 1

Hi, Manc1.

Send them your LBA, then continue to file N1 at your local county court.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/92-3-letter-before-action.html

Just edit to suit.

Your claim will more than likely be 'stayed, but at least you'll be in the system and you never know, they might make you an offer.

Do you want this thread moved to the Nationwide Forum ?

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Maroondevo , Thanks for the response. I have not sent them any letters yet indicating that i want to reclaim , the only request i had made was SAR and their reply was to "acknowledge and store my complaint". So should i still write to them req a reclaim of the charges and then continue with a NI in my court. I was thinking that there letter admits my complaint to them and logs it without the courts need , am i being stupid?

Manc1

MANC 1

Hi Manchester1.

Have a read of the step by step guide here :-

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/31460-example-step-step-instructions.html

Then, as Scott says, get the ball rolling and start the reclaim process.

Remember, you need to get this claim to court.

When you start to send off your letters, they will probably try to tell you you can't claim because the case's are 'stayed' It is important that you ignore this and carry on, only the courts can put a 'stay' on your claim.

Although the banks have a ongoing test case with OFT there are a number of reasons why you should start to claim at court now.

Any older charges (coming up to 6 years) could be lost if you wait for the OFT case to end. Start your claim now and those charges are protected.

When the stays are finally lifted, you will be one of the first in the queue to get paid.

While the banks are protected by the stays, we the consumer, have no such protection and charges continue to mount up.

For some people this may mean going into default. If it is clear that the default was made in respect of charges and that it was lodged after a charges claim was begun then these users have a really excellent chance of having it removed.

Hope this helps

Lex

• Haha 1

Please help us to help you. Download the CAG tool bar for free

HERE and use the search option for all your searches. CAG earns a few pennies every time !!!

Please don't rush, take time to read these:-

&

This is always worth referring to

Advice & opinions given by me are personal, are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group or the Bank Action Group. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.